• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

somebody that i used to know
    Phaedrus can’t help but catch the scent of a new comer, especially since most scents here had gone stale over the past year. Nothing against the fine ladies that stayed with him, even when he proved to be the biggest jerk ever. Making promises, swaying from one lady to the next, and most of all being absent enough that the women ended up being subjected to some horrendous brute that cared little if anything for the mares in question. Today is no different from any other, sulking around, pitying himself for things that if he made half an effort could easily be remedied. But there is the problem, he can’t make an effort. Be it brooding, kingdom, or chasing off other testosterone addled monsters, there just isn’t time for it all. Not like he could create a duplicate of himself, and be everywhere at once, taking care of everyone and everything. Even now, as if the danger wasn’t really there he stops to look at the flowers.

It’s with a frown that he steps across the border looking for the source of this scent. Can I help you? He asks as soon as he spots the other male. For a moment he hesitates. All those thoughts, the whole burden, he could walk away right now, he could end all their suffering and give them what they need most. Stability. If you’re here to take the herd, be my guest. They are all yours should you want them. Could anything be as freeing as those words? Suddenly he smiled, all the pressure, all the nibbling thoughts, and the constant drag of discipline washed away. He was free, he could live his life without some whinny bitches breathing down his neck begging for attention, love, and emotion that he honestly couldn’t give. Be it as it may, this was the right decision. He could go back to being the sulky absent minded brute that devoted himself to a kingdom, and strived for a purpose greater than himself. there should be about four mares, possibly more if the others chose to stick around. Then of course theirs my daughters five in total. He begins to walk away glad to be done with the experiment. It had been a successful one, up till this year. And that was his own fault, his own doing, now it was simply time to move on to the next project.

Messages In This Thread
    somebody that i used to know - by Njenyi - 08-31-2016, 01:53 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Phaedrus - 08-31-2016, 02:45 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Wild Hope - 08-31-2016, 03:35 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Sirana - 08-31-2016, 04:08 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Vakarian - 08-31-2016, 06:39 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Njenyi - 08-31-2016, 09:56 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Clarisse - 08-31-2016, 11:29 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Sirana - 09-01-2016, 12:23 AM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Wild Hope - 09-01-2016, 04:39 AM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Njenyi - 09-01-2016, 08:22 AM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Phaedrus - 09-01-2016, 09:57 AM