• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  This is my fight song

We're all drawn toward what's beautiful & broken
    After the mousey mares voice ends she begins to think. What did she want? When it came down to it, what were the deciding factors? The make it or break its? The wheels inside her head begin to turn as she truly thinks about it. Well, first and foremost, she decides quickly, would be safety. She wanted to join a herd that  would keep her safe. Maus was good at being a loner, but natural instinct told her there was safety in numbers. Secondly, she supposed, would be location. Somewhere that provided good grazing and easy access to water, maybe have some sort of protection from the elements? All of these things made for a great place to set up shop and hunker down for a while. There were other things she looked for, but they were insignificant wants rather than needs.

Suddenly Maus finds herself confused as a new voice rings inside her head. The abrupt intrusion of the other mares words startles her again. Having never encountered telepathy before, Maus decides it's something that will probably take a while to get used to. Silently clearing her throat, she listens to what Topsail has to say, nodding in understanding as she is informed that the Valley gives nothing away for free. Maus was no stranger to hard work. She was never one for laziness and was willing to put forth what ever effort was necessary. 

As Topsails voices falls quiet within her head, Maus allows her deep amber eyes to flick towards the appaloosa. It was now her turn. The blanketed mare first sentence intrigues Maus. A kingdom of mares? This was a new concept for the grulla minx. During her seven years, while she had encountered many "tradional" herds, she had yet stumble across a band comprised of all mares. With her interest peaked, Maus continues to listen. Lexa goes on to tell her that, as with the Valley, hard work was valued. Again, this isn't an issue for the mousey mare and as she had done with Topsail, she nods to acknowledge her words. Lexa goes on to finish speaking and as her last word entered Maus' ears, she looks between the two mares before her. It was now her turn to speak and for a moment she stays quiet, mulling over options. "Both territories sound pleasing." she begins, her thick russian accent entwined with her words. "but I believe I will join Lexa in The Amazons." she adds, dipping her head lightly in the direction of the blanket appaloosa.

OOC: I know in her post for Lokii it says she went with Topsail, but I just got a great little self-plot idea the other night so decided to change it.

Messages In This Thread
    This is my fight song - by Maus - 08-15-2016, 11:05 PM
    RE: This is my fight song - by Topsail - 08-16-2016, 12:25 AM
    RE: This is my fight song - by Lexa - 08-16-2016, 09:42 PM
    This is my fight song - by Maus - 08-17-2016, 02:37 AM
    RE: This is my fight song - by Topsail - 08-22-2016, 10:28 PM
    RE: This is my fight song - by Lexa - 08-24-2016, 04:25 PM
    RE: This is my fight song - by TheRussian - 08-26-2016, 02:34 AM
    RE: This is my fight song - by Lexa - 09-01-2016, 11:53 PM