• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

take these broken wings and learn to fly [any]
    take these broken wings and learn to fly

She is not surprised that she does not wait long for a reply, and also not surprised that the call is from a stallion. This is a herd land after all. She is unsure of herself again at the prospect of coming into contact with another stallion; she was no longer an amazonian warrior after all, and to a herd stallion she would appear to be just another mare. And as far as mares go, she isn’t a great prospect for a stallion. She had always taken more after her father so she was tall and muscular. Add the wings, the extra feathers, the talons and the hawk eyes and she is one odd creature. Certainly not ugly, but not everyone’s cup of tea. 

So when he approaches she feels relief that he is not necessarily “normal” either. Not as unusual as Fart, to be sure, but far from average. Some of her unease dissipates as he speaks as well as his words and his voice are gentle. She returns his nod and smiles a little. “Pleased to meet you. I’m Seraphina. I live in the land south of here.” Her voice is soft, still unused to the lack of title or position. She feels naked without them.

At his following question she realizes that her actions could easily be misunderstood. She feels somewhat bashful at the thought (how odd to feel bashful at her age) and she forces herself to smile a little brighter. “I’m simply trying to get to know our neighbors. I’ve never lived in a herd before…” she trails off, unsure of how to put her thoughts into words. “While it’s not boring, the company is less diverse than a Kingdom.” Her golden eyes find his, hoping that he has a better grasp on her mission now. 

She shifts her weight and shuffles her wings which were beginning to feel cramped from being held so tightly against her sides. Was that really her reason? She shakes her head slightly to rid her mind of such nonsense. 

Seraphina

Messages In This Thread
    RE: take these broken wings and learn to fly [any] - by Seraphina - 08-22-2016, 05:28 PM