• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I shall keep you and call you my squishy-[Wallace,Any]
    Wallace followed Zara from the adoption den closely, faithfully trained at her side. It was the most subservient thing she had done yet, but she found she hadn't minded it. It was like having a mother again. It was having a mother again; Zara had adopted her as her own. And the mare was clearly a very good mother. Not once had she ever gone too fast for the filly to keep up. At times she would slow and give Wallace time to study all the sights, and when the perceptive mare noticed her getting bored of it they'd pick up speed again.

Zara slowed them to an easy lope when the land sprouted gently sloping hills. The grasses blanketing them were a rich green, full of life. The air was clear and as sweetly crisp as a ripe apple Wallace could almost taste it. After glancing about, she looked to Zara and saw a new light in her eyes. This must be home, she thought as she turned back to the scenery, still keeping close to the mare as they continued steadily forward.

Her grayed grullo coat warmed comfortably in the sun as the land around them shifted to a vast but lively field. The grasses were golden here, but wildlife skittered to and fro happily. Her eyes glanced around hungrily, taking in the sight of her new home. Zara caressed her back then, and claimed it their home. She shivered at the touch but didn't mind it. Maybe even liked it a little. Wallace heard the mare sigh and looked at her curiously. She looked a bit sad about something but smiled again as she looked down at the filly.

I hope you will like it here, when you get older I will bring you to the kingdom, she said to Wallace. The girl raised her chin arrogantly, knowing full well she would do whatever she wished, but held her tongue. She was growing to respect the gentling mare and did not wish to have Zara upset at her for anything. She was secretly worried that she was easily replaced or forgotten, doubting her mother or sister looked for her as thoroughly as she had tried to search for them. Otherwise, they would have found each other, surely. The girl buried these thoughts, assuring herself she didn't need anyone anyway.

The rich black mare laughed sweetly and suddenly trotted forward. Wallace's ears perked up instantly, and her eyes lit with interest. She couldn't help the gentle tug of play and bounded forward, a child's excited whinny escaping her. In the back of her mind, she wondered if there were others nearby as she had yet to spot them, but focused on giving chase to her new caretaker, finally smiling.

Wallace

ooc: blah x.x

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I shall keep you and call you my squishy-[Wallace,Any] - by Wallace - 08-20-2016, 11:26 AM