• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm burning but my heart is on the wire; Gunsynd
    She sighs as her head dips down and her lips touch the water’s cool surface. What is she going to do? She can’t keep avoiding her sister forever. She’s going to have to make a choice of some kind eventually.

The sound of rushing hooves and her dark head springs up to look about. She catches just a glimpse of a dark blur as it rushes by, and she takes a startled step back as something large and black dives into the lake in front of her.

The lake ripples where the object had made contact, but nothing resurfaces. Her curiosity overriding her surprise, she takes a step forward, brown eyes narrowing at the dark waters in front of her. But there’s nothing there. “What on earth …?”

And then suddenly something moves.

A black stallion is rising from the lake … no, that’s not quite right. It’s more like part of the lake is turning into the stallion. How very curious. She’s impressed, but probably not nearly as impressed as the stallion expects her to be. Strange and wondrous abilities are a dime a dozen these days. Larken herself has a little something tucked away.

He disappears suddenly, vanishing out of thin air, only to reappear on the earth beside her. Her head cocks to the side as he grins at her. If she’d had eyebrows, she would have raised one. Someone clearly thinks himself quite the handsome rogue (she firmly ignores the sudden stirring in her belly). She’ll have to put him through his paces a bit.

“Far from a kitten my dear.” She smirks at him, sending him a side long look through her lashes. “More like a tiger, perhaps …” She throws her head back, brown eyes staring directly into the skies above. Clouds gather and darken and winds pull downward, surrounding her in her own little funnel. Her feet lift off the ground, and within moments she’s staring down at the black beast as lightning flickers in the sky above. “A tiger with some teeth.”

She lets the winds softly drop her back to earth, and she turns on the stallion with a wide grin. “What about you? Any more tricks up your sleeve?” Silly girl, she doesn’t even know she’s flirty. Or at least, what passes for flirting with her anyway.
    Larken
    i'm burning but my heart is on the wire
    dont need a thousand guards to lock me in
    doesn't take a fool to start a fire
    solitary spark and wars begin

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm burning but my heart is on the wire; Gunsynd - by Larken - 08-16-2016, 11:19 PM