• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

spomething somehing DARA
    Wolves in our own skin, we're savages. We act so primitive.
    I settle down onto the grass next to him, at a reasonably comfortable distance given that we’re strangers. Not close enough to reach out and touch, anyhow, but enough that it doesn’t take effort to make conversation. And then I carry on lapping water off the grass, because what the hell, right? Why not? There’s a strange appeal to it, fresh and bright and with the added tactile sensation of grass on my tongue. I’ll take it.

His name sounds vaguely familiar, but frankly it’s been a while since my family’s been around, and names of old friends and acquaintances mean less without faces to attach them to. So I don’t think much of it, and mostly just shrug it off. Maybe someone Grandma knew back in the day, or a maybe it’s just close. Who knows.

Anyhow, there are much more interesting things at hand, so to speak. “Well, mostly I felt like a bit of a wander, a little walk in the rain. But hey, I’ll take what I can get. And company’s generally a nice thing. Mind, I’ve got lots of family at home in Echo Trails, but it’s nice to see new faces now and again too. What about you, where are you from, Romek?”

Romek. Hmm. I think I have heard that name before...
    Do the rain dance like you're on fire.

Messages In This Thread
    spomething somehing DARA - by Romek - 07-21-2016, 05:59 PM
    RE: spomething somehing DARA - by Dara - 07-24-2016, 08:04 PM
    RE: spomething somehing DARA - by Romek - 08-01-2016, 03:15 PM
    RE: spomething somehing DARA - by Dara - 08-02-2016, 03:13 PM
    RE: spomething somehing DARA - by Romek - 08-05-2016, 04:59 PM
    RE: spomething somehing DARA - by Dara - 08-07-2016, 07:02 PM