• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you make my heart go bang; birthing

I’m not going to lie, I have absolutely no need to witness someone giving birth. Well, not when she’s got a healer and a magician to make sure she’s okay and support her and help her through it and all. No need for me to be there. So when my Halo-girl gets a little too excited, as is her way, I have no problem with herding my lot off and hanging out with my love and our little horde of daughters and keeping the girls occupied while we wait for their new baby cousin to arrive.

And when she does, Zur and I even manage to buy the four of them a few minutes alone together before Halo dives in, all adorable rambunctious delight. And Luna, more circumspect as usual. While Dara steps forward to meet pretty little Roma and cuddle her and say hello, I make for her proud parents, grinning and nudging my Halo back a bit so I can touch my shoulder to Pazuzu’s and reach over him to brush my lips against the deep blue violet of Ryss’s mane.

No words. Just support and congratulations and love conveyed with a few touches.

Ryss leans into the touch and into Pazuzu, smiling over at me and lifting her head from nuzzling her new little one so I can kiss her cheek. “She’s perfect. Looks healthy and strong, not that there was ever any doubt.” Not with Pazuzu and Mom taking such good care of Ryss and Roma--oh that’s cute, Ryss and Roma--during the pregnancy.

Halo stomps impatiently and nudges me with her nose, staring at me and clearly williing me to get out of her damn way so she can cuddle her uncle already, so I stick my tongue out at her and press my cheek against Zu’s neck, hugging him briefly. “Congratulations.”

I don’t linger very long, because there are a lot of people who want to drown them in love and affection. And I can see Tycho’s already getting a little tense from all the bodies around him, even if the only ones he’s touching are his mom and his sister. So when Dara and Fury have both gotten their cuddles and hellos and introductions in, I come around to do the same.

I lower my head to peer at her, meeting the familiar golden color of her eyes with my mismatched gold and silver. I’m pretty sure my head is bigger than her entire torso, and my face is less scarred than it once was, but she’s tiny as hell and I’m not exactly the coziest-looking of the lot of us. So I smile and blow a puff of air to ruffle her mane. Eh, she’s got the sass and the backbone to not be scared of me. Look at her parents. And if she’s a little nervous, well, she’ll learn soon enough that I’m a giant goddamn teddy bear.

“Hello, little darling. I’m your uncle Drow. You ever need anything, I’m here, you got that? Welcome to the world, Roma.” A quick, gentle nuzzle to her side, and I’m stepping back, letting Zur get a turn in. And as I step back, I meet Tycho’s eyes, see the determination in their dark depths, and I nod. I know that look. He would do anything for his new baby sister. Risk anything to protect her, to defend her, and if ever need be, to avenge her. Me too, kid. She’s family, after all.
    Know the water's sweet but blood is thicker.

Messages In This Thread
    you make my heart go bang; birthing - by Daeryssa - 08-01-2016, 11:02 AM
    RE: you make my heart go bang; birthing - by Roma - 08-01-2016, 01:45 PM
    RE: you make my heart go bang; birthing - by Halora - 08-01-2016, 10:22 PM
    RE: you make my heart go bang; birthing - by Drow - 08-02-2016, 10:19 AM
    RE: you make my heart go bang; birthing - by Roma - 08-02-2016, 06:36 PM