• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

pardon me, while i burst in flames. || KINGDOM MEETING [MANDATORY]
    Perhaps we knew about the lack of magic just a little quicker with Papa's Darwin going missing. He hadn't been the same since and I don't think he would until he got his familiar back. If he ever did. However, I am cautious as I follow him. Sometimes right at his sides and other times hidden in the background. Even if it was a bit harder to hide when you are a dark black amongst a bright white landscape. I was lucky, because Papa didn't do a whole lot and Rowling generally kept to his side.

However, I follow at his sides, my wings brushing against his barrel as we make our way to the King's call. So far I liked the Tundra, having seen and met more people than before in the Dale. I would have to see about finding more friends, once I could assure myself that Papa would be okay if I left him alone. So many speak and I just am quiet at my Papa's side. I lean into him for comfort and warmth. But I have nothing to say, not quite yet so I am content to just listen and watch.

-------------------------

I have yet to apologize to my family for my atrocious behavior, but when Dad calls I make my way slowly to the cave where his call had originated from. I stay at the back, hidden amongst the shadows. I listen, carefully, had heard all that he said, had felt the lack of magic in the air change our home. Tiny little Ashr speaks up, and she makes me smile.

And Mom, with our new sibling. My heart still hurts. Would I ever meet her?
    Perhaps my heart would never stop hurting because I would never be able to let it heal.

I don't say anything. I don't even come out of hiding. Instead I merely listen. I promise myself I will watch the caves at night. I will watch the caves and the patrols Dad puts in place from afar, keeping an eye on them even as they keep an eye on the cave.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: pardon me, while i burst in flames. || KINGDOM MEETING [MANDATORY] - by Graeme - 07-29-2016, 04:08 PM