• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so long and good night; offspring
    Burning on, just like a match you strike to incinerate the lives of everyone you know.
    And what's the worst you take from every heart you break? And like
    the blade you stain, well, I've been holding on tonight.

The shadow child had quickly come to the realization that his companions seemed to enthrall others. Perhaps he was being viewed as an exotic attraction or a quirky sideshow. But they were a part of him and he could not completely cut off the limbs to his body. He had fully accepted them and reveled in their presence now.

He did not miss the fascination that gleamed in those intense red eyes as they closely watched the two twirl about his neck. But Michaelis knew that these two were special and Offspring did not. The blue roan, amused with his secret knowledge, watched as the other felt the first touches of what he suspected to be a mixture of them both. Why else would this clingy twosome react to another so intensely?

Offspring questions him, as he knew he would. The shadows were difficult to explain if one was not intimate with them. He briefly recalls the strange shadow creature he had met years ago and he knew she would adamantly agree. They were entities in their own right, yet largely dependent upon himself in order to visibly animate. And although they appeared tangible, they were largely untouchable to others without some assistance.

But these two were vastly different from the others.

He tilts his head thoughtfully before he answers.

In a way, they can be. But these two differ. Can you hear it? They have heartbeats.

Their pounding heartbeats are so obvious to his sensitive ears and through his skin. But perhaps they are not so overt to the other man. Nevertheless, he was sure the final outcome would reveal itself to be quite astonishing to the red-eyed man.

Michaelis draws himself upwards and takes a couple of steps closer to Offspring. The two wriggle about once more and seem to trail back and forth between the men as if playing tag amongst themselves. He stares hard at the other before he utters his next words.

I visited the battlefield. And after I left, the magic left behind seems to have reacted with my body and then created those two curious things.

He pauses for a moment before questioning the other.

You were there, weren’t you? I think they recognize you because of that. I think that they are a part of you too.

Michaelis
    ( The Shadow Child )

Messages In This Thread
    so long and good night; offspring - by michaelis - 07-22-2016, 11:09 PM
    RE: so long and good night; offspring - by Offspring - 07-24-2016, 12:13 AM
    RE: so long and good night; offspring - by Offspring - 07-24-2016, 01:39 AM
    RE: so long and good night; offspring - by michaelis - 07-24-2016, 02:24 AM
    RE: so long and good night; offspring - by Offspring - 08-13-2016, 11:42 PM