• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Some people are just born with tragedy in their blood. (open)
    Sretan
    Sretan was back wandering around the field. Last time she had crossed here, she had met two wonderful equines, both of them offering her a place to live. It had only been a couple days but the blue mare thought she might come to see if perhaps Maribel was looking around for her. Besides, nobody in her new home would miss her, she hadn't even really bothered to interact with any of them yet.

It was a relatively peaceful day, she couldn't complain. A crisp autumn breeze kept most others hidden away, unwilling to face the elements and accept the changing weather, as if denial would hold the warm summer rays in the sky forever. Unfortunately it was not so, and all the critters would soon turn scraggly as their smooth summer coats gave way to tufts of fluffy winter protection, turning everyone into fuzzy, fat beings. Such was life she supposed, and chose not to ponder it for too long. After all, nothing she could say or do would change it.

Knowing she was coming into heat once more reminded Sretan that the stallions would appear, crawling out of hiding like roaches. And just like roaches, they didn't like anything that was bright, they preferred the dim, seeking out only a good place to spend the night before moving onto the next hiding spot. Still, the mare sometimes wanted a baby, it would give her something to do... someone to talk to she supposed, even if it was only a child.

I digress. It was on this cool day that she stood, alone (and very much enjoying the peace and quiet), in the field. Her eyes scanned the terrain, watching the courtship rituals that repeated themselves every year, with a small pang of disgust in her gut. Yes she wanted a baby, but half of these mares would go on to truly believe that the man cares about them only to be heartbroken in a matter of weeks or even days when he runs off, lured in by the next shiny object that crosses his line of sight. Gross. How was it that the femmes never seemed to learn? How did their species even continue to exist? A mystery to Sretan that was for sure. She watched the others meet and scurry off together for a while before getting bored, clearly Maribel wasn't around so it was either time to leave or find something else to do.

And then a voice. Apparently she had been just distracted enough within her own thoughts that Sretan had failed to notice the bachelor coming up to talk to her. He appeared to her left, tall dark and handsome, or at least he thought. He carried with him a proud stance, and a sly smile. Her first reaction was some slightly pinned ears and a sharp sideways glance. But when he spoke again her auds perked, and her eyes lit up, a small cough barely keeping her from bursting out in laughter. It couldn't be...could it? Her orbs scanned him over, her nostrils flaring and deeply taking in his scent. Yes. Yes it could be.

Her brother.

"Me? I'm Sr-" wait would he know her? Doubtful.. Another small cough. "Excuse me sorry. I'm Sretan." Her words were velvety and warm, and a crooked smile was crawling across her face. She shifted slightly to face him and cocked a back hoof. "Whats a handsome man like yourself doing around these parts, Ger? Socializing with the harlots are you?"
    daughter of jason and voudou

I feel like this was kinda wordy and gross... D: I apologize lol

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Some people are just born with tragedy in their blood. (open) - by Sretan - 07-21-2016, 08:13 PM