• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what am I fighting for? (birthing)

Sreva's arrival couldn't have come quick enough and Chem's gut fluttered to see her come running for his call. She, obviously, was as shocked as he to arrive to such a scene – but he hoped something different would stir in her now, something maternal. “I don't know what happened. Twins being a'li'l too hard for 'er, I'm assuming.” He bends to sniff the body, then the pair of wet foals. What would they do with them? Were they Archam's? Somewhere in the back of his mind things began to coil and turn like a serpent. A scheming serpent who is ever on the move for more.

But schemes were for later. For now they must remain alive and under the tutelage of the Villagers.

They wobbled and rose on shaky legs. Weary now, he thought, but perhaps they will be warriors or skilled spies. His mouth curled at the edges as he daydreamed fates for them. It felt like longer but only a few seconds bleed by as he stares at the fillies stir and find their balance. He offers a steady nose if they need to lean, but otherwise just watches them.

He didn't notice his golden lady's entrance but her voice seems to awaken relief in his eyes. He knew Sreva would be a good guide, but she had no nourishment. Sabé on the other hand, in all her fertility, holds those precious sacks of nutrients necessary for them. “You'll make them strong like our other children, certainly.” He reaches out to bump her dark nose. She had become the Mother Sol of the herd, he ponders as he watches her. Rearing children successfully, willingly, and with wisdom. And now she takes two more Daughters of the Ash to raise. He could feel Sreva beside him. As if her insides trembled, he could see something boiling in her eyes. He bumps her shoulder with his inky nose. “They will need you too Sreva. I want them to have a little piece of everyone's knowledge and experience.” His undivided attention cannot stay on her long, though, as the younglings began to stir even a bit more.

[Chem's too busy to notice the sisters spying from afar, but feel free to throw 'em further in the mix! <33]

c h e m d o g

in absentia luci, tenebrae vincunt

@[Sreva] @[Sabé] @[Eiria] @[Taria]

<33

Messages In This Thread
    what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Morigan - 07-02-2016, 12:10 AM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Sreva - 07-03-2016, 01:37 PM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Taria - 07-06-2016, 09:04 AM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Sabé - 07-06-2016, 09:13 AM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Sreva - 07-06-2016, 10:49 PM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Eiria - 07-07-2016, 11:48 PM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Chemdog - 07-16-2016, 01:40 PM