• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nevi

I know you're trying to fight when you feel like flying.
    She moves against me, nestling into my side until there's no space between our bodies, blurring the line where she ends and I begin. No, not blurring it at all, but drawing it into focus so sharp I can barely breathe. All I can think about is every inch of my skin that's touching hers, and the way her nose trails up my neck and rests near my jawline. All I can feel is the heat that races through me at that touch, the way it makes my whole body tingle, makes my heart pound, makes my lips yearn to be pressed against her, trailing little kisses along her neck, her shoulder.

My breathing is a little ragged when I try to answer her, try to focus on the question she's asked instead of the feel of her breath on my skin. It's a little easier to think when she rests her head across my leg, but only a little. I trail my lips along the crest of her neck, stroking her hair while I consider her question. “Well, I'm happy about it. The changes he made mean that in the eyes of the kingdom, men and women are equal. As it should be. You, Mari, Lissie, Isle, our new baby sister, all of the people I love who are female can have a real place here if they want it.”

If they want it. Mari has already declared she would like to become a diplomat. None of the rest of my siblings have made any such decisions yet, nor have I. There's no real rush, and we're all welcome as always to stay without swearing ourselves to the kingdom and facing the cave initiation. Lis and Eione are young yet, enough that there's no reason to even ask. But Lee and Argo? The two of them are more important to me than where I live. If they both want to stay, I will too. If not...?

It didn't occur to me to wonder before. How dumb, not to think of the question sooner. I need to talk to Argo and see what he wants to do too. Later. Right now, though? Right now, there is Lee, pressed up against me, making my skin tingle and stirring fire in my belly. I shouldn't, but I rub my cheek against Lee's hair, then brush my lips along the line of her jaw and up to trace the edge of her ear.

“What do you want, Lee?” I murmur there against the curve of her ear, and I tell myself I'm only asking about the kingdom meeting. Of course that's all. I'm not imagining her looking up at me in the faint hint of moonlight that filters into the cave, her dark brown eyes searching mine. Seeing a spark of heat flare in those liquid depths, hearing the catch in her breath as she draws it in, hesitates just a second before whispering, You. I want you.

Dammit, Neverwas, you have to stop. Sighing, I rest my head against the cool cave wall, closing my eyes and taking deep, slow breaths. Cold rock, solid and steady, feel that. Focus on that. I can't quite bring myself to pull away, even if it would be smarter. Even if it would be easier than feeling every rise and fall of her chest against mine.
    If you love me, don't let go.

Messages In This Thread
    Nevi - by Lieschel - 07-11-2016, 12:56 PM
    RE: Nevi - by Neverwas - 07-11-2016, 06:05 PM
    RE: Nevi - by Lieschel - 07-11-2016, 08:35 PM
    RE: Nevi - by Neverwas - 07-11-2016, 11:33 PM
    RE: Nevi - by Lieschel - 07-14-2016, 08:36 PM
    RE: Nevi - by Neverwas - 07-15-2016, 02:54 PM
    RE: Nevi - by Lieschel - 07-19-2016, 05:23 PM
    RE: Nevi - by Neverwas - 07-20-2016, 03:33 AM
    RE: Nevi - by Offspring - 07-20-2016, 04:46 AM
    RE: Nevi - by Lieschel - 07-20-2016, 07:43 AM