• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nevi

I know you're trying to fight when you feel like flying.
    I didn't say anything at the meeting, but I think with all the changes Dad has made, maybe it would be fun to be a diplomat. Maybe, now that all the girls and women I love have a place here in the Tundra, I could even do a good job. Inviting people home, maintaining good kingdom relations, that all sounds a whole lot easier now that I wouldn't have to explain how really it's just for males, and any females who might want to come live there would be stuck as little more than pretty faces and companions. No rights to join the castes, or gain promotions, or anything like that. Just second class residents.

That never sat right with me.

Now that Dad changed all of that, though, I think it would be fun to tell people all about the new way things work here, and invite them to come check it out for themselves. To maybe even stay a while, if they fancy calling the Tundra home! I've been thinking hard about whether or not to go through initiation and join the peace caste; that and the way my tentative plans with Lee would fit here so much better now, it's been all I can think about since the meeting let out.

We could bring abandoned foals here instead. It's perfect! We don't have to leave, because there's room for all of us now. A place for all of us. We wouldn't be bringing little girls into a home they'd either have to leave when they're grown or stay as something less than the men who have made up the frozen kingdom in the past.

And we can stay with Argo.

I have been so excited since the meeting, so full of joy that the one thing keeping me from wanting to stay here in the Tundra has been resolved, that I haven't made time to talk to Lee about it. She looked so happy at the meeting, curled up against Dad with a smile on her face. We should talk; so many of our conversations are heavy, weighed down by pain and old sorrow, and this one? This is a happy talk about the future! It's good news we should celebrate together.

I set out in search of her, but it takes me hours to find her. Huh, that's weird, it almost never takes me long to find my Lee. A few minutes, maybe half an hour of wandering her favorite haunts...this time, though? It's dark when I see someone heading into a cave to curl up for the night. It may be summer, but the nights can sometimes be pretty cold still, so the caves are a good choice. Close and cozy. And I know that someone; I recognize the way she moves, the curve of her hip, the line of her back, the way the moonlight plays on her skin.

Lieschel.

I open my mouth to call out to her, but she's already disappearing into the mouth of the cave. So instead I walk on over, widening my eyes as I peer into the entrance to try to see her. It's dark, but I can hear her breathing, and when I've figured out where she is from the sound, I smile at her. “Hey, you,” I murmur, walking in and curling up next to her, settling against her and brushing my lips against the arch of her withers. “Isn't that my move, curling up alone in the dark?” I smile against her skin, thinking of the times she's come and found me. “I've missed you, Lee.” Even if it's only been a week or so.
    If you love me, don't let go.

Messages In This Thread
    Nevi - by Lieschel - 07-11-2016, 12:56 PM
    RE: Nevi - by Neverwas - 07-11-2016, 06:05 PM
    RE: Nevi - by Lieschel - 07-11-2016, 08:35 PM
    RE: Nevi - by Neverwas - 07-11-2016, 11:33 PM
    RE: Nevi - by Lieschel - 07-14-2016, 08:36 PM
    RE: Nevi - by Neverwas - 07-15-2016, 02:54 PM
    RE: Nevi - by Lieschel - 07-19-2016, 05:23 PM
    RE: Nevi - by Neverwas - 07-20-2016, 03:33 AM
    RE: Nevi - by Offspring - 07-20-2016, 04:46 AM
    RE: Nevi - by Lieschel - 07-20-2016, 07:43 AM