• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

birthing

I thought I would be nervous, now that it's finally time. We've been talking about it for months, and Mom and Pazuzu have been working out the logistics for almost as long, and now that the big night has finally arrived...I thought I'd be nervous as hell. But all I feel is wrapped up in love, and...and this rare moment of absolute peace. Mom and Zu have got this covered, and Zur and I are about to become the proud dads of three more beautiful little girls. Dara's about to become a sister, something she's wanted for forever.

Hell, she's practically shaking with excitement. And I can feel how nervous Zur is in the way he presses against me. Nervous, and so damn happy. I press my lips to the line of his shoulder, the curve of his neck, and just hold him, smiling. Knowing for once that everything is going to be fine. Better, everything is going to be amazing, and life-altering, and fucking wonderful.

When Mom beckons to Zur, I press one more kiss to his shoulder and then nudge him with the soft of my nose. I watch as he walks over, as Mom carves pieces out of his chest and feeds them to our girls in the making. And when it is my turn, I walk toward my mother, my best goddamn friend in the world, and I interrupt her for just a moment to drag her into a hug, dragon shape and all. I love you so fucking much. Those mismatched eyes of hers meet mine, and her smile melts my heart. She quirks a brow at me, grinning, and I nod.

The pain is exquisite, wicked sharp dragon claws slicing through my chest and carving out pieces. Those oddly delicate dragon hands catch the blood that flows down my skin, a sensation so damn familiar but for once it's not because I'm hurting inside and need to let it out. No, this time the blood flows to bring my girls into the world. The blood slows to the slowest of trickles, just enough that it tickles as it trails slowly down my chest. Mom feeds my flesh to our little ones, and already I can see the way it changes them, giving shape and weight to their bodies, coloring their hides, adding tiny little horns to two of their foreheads—wait, horns? Where the hell did those come from?

Mom comes back over to seal my wounds and heal them back to a trio of new scars. But unlike with Zur, she takes an extra moment to lick the blood off my chest. I tilt my head, my brow wrinkling as I watch her. That wasn't something we'd talked about when going through the details of tonight's events, but okay. Sure. It feels...strange, though. I don't have the words to pinpoint how, or why, or what has changed exactly. But I feel...just a little more hers, just a little bit closer, I don't fucking know, but there are more important things to think about.

The moment Pazuzu lets go of the girls, we are swarming around them, Zur and Dara and I. There's nothing I can do to help him right now, and if anyone can it's Mom. Well, power-wise. Ryss and Tycho in every other respect. So I'll hug the everliving shit out of him later, when he's recovered a bit from working such huge magic. In the meantime, there are some babies who need cuddles.

Like Zur, I press a kiss to each of their foreheads, narrowly avoiding getting impaled on tiny baby horns that are surprisingly sharp. Fine. Sneaky little imps, I'll just have to play with your forelocks instead. Zur presses his face into my neck, and I hold him close. “Yeah. They're finally here.” Our three little girls.

They named themselves long before they were born, and somehow I can tell just by looking at them which one is which. Halo is the little white fluffball colored like moonlight and platinum, and already her bright green eyes have a wicked glint to them. She barely takes a moment to cuddle with me and her papa before she bounces over to pounce on her uncle. Ha. That one's going to be trouble. Though to be honest, they probably all are. After a quick snuggle and a wary sniff from Tycho, she bounds back to join us, sneaking under me to peer out from between my front legs and lip at my mane where it gets between her and her papa.

Luna is all sleepy silver eyes and pale grey baby fur, with a dark stripe down her back. Grulla, just like her papa, but without the white. She's a little bigger than Halo, who is a surprisingly dainty little thing. I forgot how tiny newborn foals are, and my side of the family tends to run bigger and broader. Halo must have gotten most of her build from Zur's side, maybe some from my late mother. Definitely built nothing like me and Mom. Luna's a little bigger, a little broader, and she's going to have some of my hair. Not nearly as much, but more than Halo. She curls up against her Papa's chest and yawns, blinking sleepy silver eyes up at him and smiling a teeny, tiny smile.

Holy shit, that little smile. I think my heart just melted into a puddle.

And Fury. Oh, my little angel girl. Dara's already snuggling her close, all wrapped around her baby sister and fussing over her pretty red and white mane, but they aren't close enough. I need their skin on mine; I lower my head and smile at her, and reach out to nudge her closer, to brush my lips along the fluffy stripe of her mane and press my face against her, rub my cheek against her, so tiny and new – though the largest of the three. She may look more like Zur in color and pattern, but she takes more after me in size and build. “Hello, angel,” I murmur against her spine, planting a kiss on the darker stripe of red there.

“God, I love you. All of you.” I brush my lips against each of them in turn, all four of our girls. And then I press a kiss to the side of Zur's neck, rest my forehead against him, and just grin. “I love you. So fucking much.” In my whole life, I don't think I've ever been happier than I am in this moment.
    Know the water's sweet but blood is thicker.

Messages In This Thread
    birthing - by Pazuzu - 07-03-2016, 03:58 PM
    RE: birthing - by Quark - 07-03-2016, 08:31 PM
    RE: birthing - by Daeryssa - 07-04-2016, 07:29 AM
    RE: birthing - by Arzhur - 07-11-2016, 11:33 AM
    RE: birthing - by Drow - 07-11-2016, 12:35 PM
    RE: birthing - by Furia - 07-11-2016, 01:14 PM
    RE: birthing - by Lunasol - 07-13-2016, 11:55 AM
    RE: birthing - by Halora - 07-16-2016, 11:13 PM
    RE: birthing - by Furia - 07-19-2016, 04:45 PM
    RE: birthing - by Pazuzu - 07-19-2016, 04:59 PM