• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll Hold You Close To My Heart-{Birthing}
    PHAEDRUS
    He could never take offense, or be disappointed with someone over events they could not control, so as with everything he took the news with more concern for Zaravich’s wellbeing than anything else when they lost the foal. He gave her space understanding the loss of both Josie and a newborn that she had been looking forward to for a few years at that point. When his name is called he comes, and this time there was nothing hindering him from doing so immediately. The sight of mother and child was a delight and a relief. They were both alive, stepping towards Zaravich he smiles widely at her. He was happy to see the life back on her face. No longer down, or depressed, but just gleeful.

It’s a beautiful name He wraps his wing around Zara again giving the foal room to be close to her mother though. Its then that Sheba makes an appearance in the tree top, hissing and yowling her complaints as the branch snaps and she runs tail tucked and ears flat to Phaedrus’ side. He scowls at her thinking that she had once again bitten off something more than she could chew. What now? He growls at the cat impatiently. Something funny is going on over there and I don’t like it! Not one bit, there is something over there and its…. Its unnatural He can’t help the snort, You’re one to talk. She slits her eyes at him menacingly. Its then that she spots the foal and her ears prick forward. How thoughtful you brought me a new friend She purrs out rubbing against the foal. Sniffing it and grooming at it a little.

He sighs giving up, No point in arguing that her. He murmurs under his breath, but the flicking tail is all he needs to know that she had heard. Turning back to Zara he nudges at her neck gently, checking her to make sure that she was alright. He couldn’t be more proud than he already was of her. She had brought a touch of kindness and elegance to the herd that before was lacking. Everyone seemed to bring something to the group, a tad bit of evidence that small groups that were closely knit were sure to thrive much better than others who were alone, or didn’t have a support net they could fall back on. This part of his curiosity had been satisfied, kingdoms flourished when their members had a family they could go back to. He wondered if this information would be useful to Ramiel or not? He still needed to figure out that small little thing that was nagging at the back of his mind. It didn’t seem to want to piece itself together. Taking a moment to move his muzzle from her mother, he reaches to caress their daughter for a moment taking comfort in the small group that huddled in that moment.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll Hold You Close To My Heart-{Birthing} - by Phaedrus - 07-10-2016, 05:53 AM