• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there will be scars, Zoya

{hush now watch the stars fall}
    The stallion in front of her was tall and handsome, not short and stubby like her.  Zoya felt small and self conscious, but she still tried her damned hardest to stand as straight and proud as her little body could muster.  Though she would be the first to admit that when he assured her she hadn't done anything wrong (the silly brute had only been concerned that she was frightened), she was deeply relieved.  At least for now he didn't hate her, how splendid!  

But then he continued to speak and the little mare felt her heart sink in an instant.  Only now did the smile on her face falter as she gazed up at Erebor.  The dark knight mentioned concerns of her safety, she hadn't really thought of that.  Zoya supposed it wasn't impossible for there to be hidden holes in the terrain that she might fall in and bust a le-

Oh.  That wasn't what he had meant was it?

Zoya had never had much experience either with stallions or the drooling, mangy dogs she had heard rumors about.  To her, the dogs were scarcely but a legend, and the cruelty of stallions was something she thought she could fix.  Everyone was good deep down... right?  What if Erebor was one of those stallions?  Maybe she had fixed him up already, barely a conversation started and look at how well she was doing!  Still, now the image of those tufted dogs with a lust for blood refused to leave her head.  

"Well... Um... To tell you the truth Erebor, sir, I'm not entirely sure where I am, or where I'm going," she started, her voice sweet but very honest, "It's just I don't really have anywhere I need to be, and the only place I know I shouldn't be is dead.  So I've just sort of been walking, and nobody has really wanted to talk to me."  Poor Zoya; there was a certain pain in her voice underneath the chipper exterior, all too well knowing the truth in her words was just too truthful.  One of these days she would figure out why everyone hated her, and then maybe she could change so she wasn't so lonely all the time.  After all, what's the point of anything if you don't have a friend to share it with?  Zoya always loved it when people showed new things to her, it would be nice to be able to do the same for someone else once in a while.  But being lonely was a truth she was far too familiar with.  

Zoya tried very hard to eye up the stallion in the dark.  Despite how long she had been out here, her eyes had never felt like they fully adjusted, maybe she just had vision issues.  Or maybe it was just to damned dark outside tonight.  As she really looked him over now, a conversation went on in her head, two voices bickering with each other.

"He's cute."

"So what?"

"You should tell him."

"Are you nuts?!  Why would I tell him something like that?!"

"Because he's cute."

One voice was straightforward and pestering, the other always exploding into outbursts.  The two went back and forth until they seemed to be simultaneously screaming in her head.  "You're cute!" she blurted out, gasping and looking petrified afterwards.  Certainly she had not meant to say it, but Zoya had gotten herself confused in her own head.  Had he said something charming and funny while she was fighting with herself?  Maybe it could be interpreted as a sarcastic response! There we go!  
    tags Erebor, 595 words.  notes, Haha, poor thing.

Messages In This Thread
    there will be scars, Zoya - by Erebor - 05-11-2015, 11:33 PM
    RE: there will be scars, Zoya - by Zoya - 05-12-2015, 09:57 AM
    RE: there will be scars, Zoya - by Erebor - 05-19-2015, 12:25 AM
    RE: there will be scars, Zoya - by Zoya - 05-20-2015, 06:00 AM
    RE: there will be scars, Zoya - by Erebor - 06-05-2015, 09:41 PM
    RE: there will be scars, Zoya - by Zoya - 06-12-2015, 04:48 PM