• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all my friends are heathens [any and all]
    Odezsa
    Odezsa stood with her eyes averted, her gaze never holding that of Lagertha's or Archam's. Not because she was trying to be rude, solely because she was lost in thought. A home of any sorts sounded delightful. Friends? Perhaps. Safety? Well that had to be a given, right? She could not remember the last time she truly had a place to call her home, her stay. The thought churned in her brain, and she felt as if the individual hairs all over her body were pricking up one by one with excitement.

Eyes still trained on no one in particular, she parted her lips to speak and abruptly stopped when she noticed a third party. Honestly, the last time she had spoken with so many people was in her younger years, and a filly who wanted nothing but to play. In a way, Odezsa was still that filly. Grownups didn't allow themselves enough playtime, and she was almost always in a playful mood, no matter how well she disguised it. She couldn't help but think she'd be a lovely babysitter of sorts, watching youngsters grow all the while stretching her legs and letting go of some energy. The thought of motherhood petrified her, and she did not foresee that changing. But she still loved kids, being one at heart and all.

The new stallion exuded confidence, she could not help but think. Odezsa was not intimidated by Lagertha quite as much as she was by either stallion, but she now knew the lady had power- she was a queen for christs sake. However, the newcomer seemed accustomed to her and when he chuckled, Odezsa's silver skin shuddered. The vibe she was catching was one she did not know how to respond to.

Vaughan, as he introduced himself, caught Odezsa's attention immediately and she could not hide it. The moment he spoke of the herd life and having children. Her eyes grew wider, doe-eyed with innocence. The blackened tips of her ears tilted forward and she let out a small squeal that took her by surprise. "I um..." She paused, trying to find the best words. "I don't think I want be a mother, at least not right now." She looked shyly to Archam, worried that perhaps he would be offended. 

Vaughan's last comment is what sold her, the way it dripped with hidden meaning that she could not ignore. Curiosity killed the cat, and it would kill Odezsa as well if she wasn't more careful. She smiled angelically at Vaughan, dipping her head at him.

"My, my," She cooed, "I am so lucky to have been shown so much hospitality, but I simply cannot turn down such an offer."

So off to Tundra it would seem.

"Lagertha, can you please take me home? I'd like to meet my sisters." Odezsa took her turn to grin coyly at Vaughan, and for perhaps the first time in her life Odezsa was almost a little bit petty. She was not sure what the deal between her new Queen and this cold soul was, but she knew that she was more than delighted to pick Lagertha's brain and find out. 

all my friends are heathens, take it slow.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: all my friends are heathens [any and all] - by Odezsa - 07-07-2016, 12:44 PM