• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what am I fighting for? (birthing)
    Sreva's head went up when she heard someone approaching. Her ears forward, the mare recognized the golden form of Siba coming up on them, a worried look in her eye. The mare seemed highly anxious, which did not surprise Sreva. Whether Sabe was worried about the now dead mare or the twin foals that had no mother now, Sreva did not know, nor really care.

For some reason, all she cared about right now was finding these foals someone to care for them. She wanted to offer, but realized she would be unable to give them food, since she didn't have a foal and, therefore, no milk. The mare watched as Sabe told Chemdog she would take care of the foals as she nudged them toward her teats so they could have milk to help them regain their energy. Energy that would have been quickly lost otherwise.

Sreva didn't know why, but for some reason, a newfound jealousy burned within her heart. Why was she so upset with Sabe? The mare didn't do anything wrong. She was providing these foals a source of food, and a caring presence that would nurture them until they were grown. So why was Sreva so upset?

Was it because she had wanted to care for the foals? Was it the fact that she was angry with herself that she didn't carry milk since she hadn't had a foal? Whatever the case, Sreva was mad, but couldn't take it out on any horse here.

Messages In This Thread
    what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Morigan - 07-02-2016, 12:10 AM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Sreva - 07-03-2016, 01:37 PM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Taria - 07-06-2016, 09:04 AM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Sabé - 07-06-2016, 09:13 AM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Sreva - 07-06-2016, 10:49 PM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Eiria - 07-07-2016, 11:48 PM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Sreva - 07-16-2016, 10:19 PM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Sabé - 07-17-2016, 06:55 PM