• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i am the fire; any

Screaming like a siren, alive and burning brighter.
    The cool water rushes past my legs, and I pause to splash in it, pawing at the surface and sending water flying at my belly and back legs. I dip my head in and then toss it abruptly upward, and droplets fly into the air in a graceful arc before crashing back to the surface of the river. I can't remember the last time I played all by myself, without the prompting of a little one. First children, then grandchildren, and it's been ages since it was just me, doing so for the sake of it instead of to bond with a young soul.

Ah, but it doesn't stay just me for long. A tentative call reaches my ears, and I toss my head one last time before turning to look, enjoying the spray of water drops flying off my silver mane and the way those drops hit the water as it ripples and flows around me. “Uhhh...playing with water? I guess so...” Frankly, it seemed perfectly normal to me, if a little bit moreso for someone younger. But hey, no judgement, sometimes starting conversations with strangers can be awkward.

“I'm Quark,” I add with a bit of a shrug, walking toward the shore. My new acquaintance is an interesting-looking sort, grey zebra-striped with black, and green wings. A strange combination, but I've certainly seen stranger in this land. And the green of his wings goes nicely with his eyes. Mine only ever match like that one at a time, the blue with my preferred male shape and the yellow with my female one. Ooh. Though a blend of the two, blue with yellow accent markings or ombre, maybe some black tiger stripes running through both, and a white underside, hmm...that could be fun. I'll try it out later, maybe.

Oh, right, stranger. I stay in my blue skin, distracted enough for the both of us without adding a color change to the mix. “It's nice to meet you, Marijuana.” I could take the last step or two to join him on the riverbank, but I like the feel of the water flowing around my hooves, coaxing the silver feathering in my lower legs to play in the current. Still, I'm close enough for conversation without crowding him. I match his little smile with one of my own, nodding a greeting. “Enjoying a wander along the river? It's a nice day for it.”
    I am the fire.

Messages In This Thread
    i am the fire; any - by Quark - 06-27-2016, 10:07 PM
    RE: i am the fire; any - by Marijuana - 07-04-2016, 09:30 AM
    RE: i am the fire; any - by Quark - 07-05-2016, 11:05 AM
    RE: i am the fire; any - by Marijuana - 07-06-2016, 09:38 PM
    RE: i am the fire; any - by Quark - 07-08-2016, 01:43 PM