• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all my friends are heathens [any and all]
    I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF
    She cannot hide the slightest curl of her lip when Odesza corrects herself in the presence of a man. Now, look - for all the ‘Queen of the Amazons’ and ‘all-female’ kingdom thing, she doesn’t hate stallions. In fact, she has several beneficial friendships with men, ones that have resulted in children, and others that end in alliances. They are all based in mutual respect and a knowledge that they are, for all intents and purposes, equals. But a herd stallion is not her equal, no matter how much they may style themselves ‘King’ of their own lands. This one may not do that, but she has the luxury (and arrogance) to lump him in with those that do. It is not a group she likes.

Lagertha is of the opinion that mares who choose to live solely within a herd are brainwashed. That might just be the sore loser side of her talking, though. She’s had several potential recruits stolen out from under her nose by the resurgence of stallions and herds.

“Thank you,” she says simply. She’s never thought of her name as lovely, nor has she ever truly commented on the nature of a name. She wants hers to be remembered. That’s all that matters. But back to the matter at hand: how Odezsa changes when Archam comes near. Now, the Warrior Queen doesn’t think that this particular one isn’t a real threat, so she doesn’t don her armor, but she does a slight bit of posturing herself. Big, brawny, and brave - that’s what the Iron Lady is going for. The sense that she could protect her newest acquaintance, if need be. “He -” she bobs her head in the stallion’s direction, “offers the complete opposite of what I have. I’m Queen of the Amazons, a kingdom where only mares hold ranks. We’re a sisterhood, and we’re looking for new members. Does that interest you?”

Her long tail flicks back and forth against her hocks, with only the minutest sign of aggression.  

Lagertha
    Warrior Queen of the Amazons

Messages In This Thread
    RE: all my friends are heathens [any and all] - by Lagertha - 06-28-2016, 04:14 PM