• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Who painted the lion? [Killdare/Malis]

lupei

What the truth is, I can't say anymore

He comes, in a rather similarly bold fashion, leaking out from between the trees behind his curtain of ash and ruin. It doesn’t surprise the wolf that his once king would make such a fuss, trying to match boast for boast. What King would ever back down from a challenge? But the two are filled with vinegar and piss and between them, it’d be hard to guess which had a bigger ego at the moment. Lupei’s willing to bet he wins. “Oh that’s good, because I didn’t take you for an idiot.” The dark wolf says, nose wrinkling to expose a tightly clamped jaw. He hunches then, body lowering slightly before he begins to pace, keeping at the larger horses front. “But then I remembered, only idiots cross me and defile my family members.” He accuses, a single snarl ripping through the static air around them.

Perhaps Killdare has never been threatened since he gained the throne. Lupei is here to remind him that no creature is slave to one man. “You should have known better. She was merely a child. You were my Dam’s closest friend.” He growls, shaking his great head in disgust. He remembers Dacia’s birth - he hopes Killdare does too. Hopes he remembers when he had been only a horse with wings and Lupei had crept out from the bushes to threaten him then. He had protected Dacia from the moment she’d taken her first breath, nothing - not even a king who breathed molten fire - would stop him from doing that now.

“Where is she?” The wolf snaps, bright blue eyes darting around the charred male. “Where’s your little whore?” He teases, and like clockwork suddenly the great horned beauty makes herself something of a fearsome sight beside Killdare. The wolf cackles. “My my, I do agree. She must’ve been a hell of a time, what with those things.” He spits, nose jutting out to indicate her black horns. But then he grows quiet, entire body stilling as his gaze slides back to the Chamber ruler. “But I’ve had better.” He says, voice dropping dangerously low. His head rises, ears falling flat against his skull as he speaks his last oath on the sacred grounds.

“You listen to me and you listen well, you puffed-up, arrogant little shit. You’ll regret the day you ever thought twice about my sister.” He finishes, head tilting slowly back to the dark blue mare. “And you - “ He threatens, the air stilling, “-You better be good with those.” He warns, fire roaring suddenly to life in a blaze of white-hot inferno. So much for subtle hints.

Messages In This Thread
    Who painted the lion? [Killdare/Malis] - by Lupei - 06-08-2016, 12:39 AM
    RE: Who painted the lion? [Killdare/Malis] - by Lupei - 06-20-2016, 10:40 PM