• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Don't [mess] with Texas

Never had Jason heard such a lively response. Normally the field was filled with dry politeness, but this mare spoke in unusual references and upbeat strokes. He was instantly taken in and fascinated by her words. Jason was able to pull out important information from the strings of sentences, but his ability to respond appropriately was surely stunted.

”Wichita.” Jason said simply, feeling the name roll over his tongue as he cemented it to his memory. Wichita He repeated in his head. The stallion attached the name to both the image of the mare and her curious ways. She was quite wonderful though. ”Oh…yeah, well, I’ve lived far too long and if there is one thing I’ve learned it is to know when I’ve been wrong.” He said smoothly. His head bobbed as he spoke, and the tuft of mane along his forehead brushed over the tip of his eyes.

Wichita then confirmed that she was new to Beqanna. Jason had easily assumed this, but he appreciated the candidness. ”Well Welcome then” He was glad to find new blood in the field. Beqanna needed more perspectives. When the mare questioned if the field belonged to him he laughed lightly, what a wondrous thought (he wished). ”Oh no no…this isn’t my place. Beqanna is unlike other lands.” Jason had spent his time outside Beqanna- he knew all too well how strange the inner workings of it were. ”This is actually known as a more neutral land…within this territory there are several areas known as kingdoms. A queen and king rule over their perspective kingdom, and each kingdom has herd lands that serve under them. The kingdoms are divided by loyalties. For example, I actually live in a place we call Heaven’s Gates. It honors all that is good. Other kingdoms favor more malicious ways. I, though, I value…bravery, honesty…not that I am all of those things” He paused, adjusting his weight. ”This land is where all horses come that do not have anywhere to live…recruiters come here to try and convince them to join their kingdom.”

jason

Messages In This Thread
    Don't [mess] with Texas - by Wichita - 05-13-2015, 07:01 PM
    RE: Don't [mess] with Texas - by Jason - 05-14-2015, 07:42 AM
    Don't [mess] with Texas - by Wichita - 05-14-2015, 03:26 PM
    RE: Don't [mess] with Texas - by Jason - 05-14-2015, 09:00 PM
    RE: Don't [mess] with Texas - by Wichita - 05-15-2015, 09:45 PM
    RE: Don't [mess] with Texas - by Jason - 05-18-2015, 09:50 AM
    RE: Don't [mess] with Texas - by Wichita - 05-18-2015, 12:40 PM
    RE: Don't [mess] with Texas - by Wichita - 05-20-2015, 07:39 AM
    RE: Don't [mess] with Texas - by Jason - 05-20-2015, 10:48 AM
    RE: Don't [mess] with Texas - by Wichita - 05-22-2015, 03:16 PM