• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

It's dark inside [nymph]
    ± when you feel my heat, look into my eyes ±
    It is obvious he is different, he’d taken no caution to hide it. Time changes people and things and crowns are even more earnest in their transformations. To put it plainly and without flair, life had changed Killdare, both physically and mentally. Once he was a bold young thing, sights set on greatness for all the wrong reasons, all those self-serving and selfish. He went to the Chamber to learn, to grown and becoming something more than what his Father ever gave him potential to be. Well, he had gotten all that hadn’t he? In more ways than he could have fathomed and in the end he no longer sought that kind of glory as the boy had once wished for.

Of course Killdare wanted to be a good king, a just king but more than that he wanted to rule. Killdare wanted to make something of the Chamber and so far he wasn’t sure he had accomplished all that much with them. Shifting the inhabitants from dark to neutral in a sense was taxing, slow going and so much so that they teetered on the edge of good. Would the Chamber ever be made for those of the light? It’s not likely but he would always be of the mind that they were all more than their darkness led others to believe. Maybe the King of Heat was in denial about his own morals and virtues.

“Stranger things can happen Nymph,” he cuts the air with his words, brushing off the bays humor as if it were thick icing on a cake he could not stomach. “Arthas however has decided he is better suited to the ways of words than that of battle and blood.” He almost shrugged at this too, casting away the change without much thought. “Yes,” he paused, “see that you do manage to teach him something won’t you? I can’t deny we could use more in the diplomatic ranks, so i’ll leave that up to you to help him along.” He didn’t want Arthas to fail, partly because he thought that would reflect poorly on himself. The first selfish, almost King-like thought he had had in days.

Talk of the alignments perked him a bit if it could be said, in any case his charcoal ears pulled forward at the news. “To the Tundra and the Valley both? Well, you’ve been busier than I expected then, good that.” The comment was meant to be a compliment but he had never been much good at giving them. “Ah yes, young Topsail. I’m glad she adjusts and Eight too, though if he failed support her now I’d be disappointed.” After all it was with a little help and whisper from Eight that the girl had even found herself in the position she was in, but Magicians were finicky creatures, he wouldn’t deny his opinion of that. “The Gates is dead I’m afraid, would that we could find someone reasonable to herald it. That would have been an ideal alliance if we could have assisted them in re-growth.” Alas now the Magma King had no notions on who would be a good partner for the Chamber to lead the sleepy Kingdom and everything he had put into it too- sigh.

Surprise finds his face at the close of the Necromancer’s spiel, the conversation turning towards himself so suddenly. “Family business Nymph, I dare say you would know a thing or two about my position.” Killdare grows almost hard, his mental defenses rising as physically his shell hardened as well. “Somehow I’ve made my bed in a thorn bush.”
    KILLDARE
    magma King of the Chamber

Messages In This Thread
    It's dark inside [nymph] - by Killdare - 05-22-2016, 11:17 AM
    RE: It's dark inside [nymph] - by Nymphetamine - 05-22-2016, 07:43 PM
    RE: It's dark inside [nymph] - by Killdare - 05-31-2016, 03:27 PM
    RE: It's dark inside [nymph] - by Nymphetamine - 06-03-2016, 09:41 AM
    RE: It's dark inside [nymph] - by Killdare - 06-18-2016, 11:08 AM
    RE: It's dark inside [nymph] - by Nymphetamine - 07-03-2016, 06:52 PM
    RE: It's dark inside [nymph] - by Killdare - 07-04-2016, 08:36 AM