• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i don't miss you, i miss the misery | any

The blood bay stallion stood clear as day, off to the side, wrapped in the cloak that was his kingdom gift of invisibility. He had promised himself that he would move on, get over Kimber and her to stubborn, too strong-willed ways. But as he traversed the meadow he saw her. and had to see what she was up to. It was like second nature to go to her to want to be around her. But he couldn't be known, which made the lovely perk of head diplomat especially helpful. He had vanished into thin air for all anyone else knew, he made his way to their conversation. There he stood, jealousy raged within him as he watched the dapple gray take her space, her air. It was all he could do to not act on his emotions. He instead told himself over and over that he didn't care, that he couldn't care.

The blood bay had tried to tell the blue mare he cared, in so many words. She had chewed his ear off about all the other circumstances, and that was that. When he needed the slightest indication of softness, and acceptance she had been harsh and chastising. It had turned him sour against her. He knew it was time to move on. He had tired, had hoped it would have been easier but nothing was ever easy with Kimber. Which again led his to where he was, off to the side of Kimber's conversation with the stallion, Azael.

Slowly, softly he moved to Kimber's side, well close enough where he could reach out his neck and whisper to her. She would smell him, surely, but she would have no proof he was there (she didn't know of his invisibility yet he believed). The necromancer stretched his neck and whispered ever so quietly to be sure Azael wouldn't hear, "He's not good enough for you." He snatched his neck back, out of her reach out of immediate harm as he was perpendicular to her. He moved out and away then, out of the way, and stood a moment longer, he hoped to gauge her reaction.

He never showed himself, never made it known he was there, at least to Azael. It pained him to stay, and it was counter productive to getting over Kimber. He had allowed the indulgence long enough, so he tore himself away, he moved further away, further along his journey, to check on alliances and handle Chamber's internal matters. He didn't dare unveil himself until he was well out of the Meadow.

Nymphetamine

cold was my soul, untold was the pain I faced when you left me: a rose in the rain

Nymphetamine|Tirzah|Slaybell

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i don't miss you, i miss the misery | any - by Pride88 - 06-16-2016, 12:13 AM