• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there's a devil in my brain with a pitchfork and a flame; desirea
    She seems just as enchanted by the place as he is, and his heart soars. There is hope for the Beach yet - perhaps, someday, the shores will be full of mares and the laughter of young children once again.

His mind drifts momentarily to Skullu and Syl. What would they think, to see him now? Would they be proud? He hopes so. He may not have done much with his life up ’til this point, but he is on the precipice - he sees great things in his future, in his family’s future. They will built a life here, all their own, far away from the blighted touch of the traited.

His thoughts are brought back to the present as Desirea tosses her head. His gaze turns to her and he can’t help the smile that grows across his lips. The coy smile on her own lips only reminds him of how pretty she is, and a heat that he does not recognize blooms in his chest. “Well, lucky for me that you did.”

She steps closer to him, so close that he can feel the heat of her breath and body. “Oh?” He barely trusts his tongue to speak as the heat in his chest begins to rage. He recognizes it now. Desire.

Her lips rise up to his ear, and he leans in, desperate to know what it is she’s interested in doing … and then suddenly she dashes away, giggling and looking back at him with a playful grin on her face!

Szeth laughs, a loud full laugh. Such a tease, but he doesn’t mind. He’ll play the game. “Well here I come!” He dashes after her, sending up gouts of golden sand in his wake. They run and run, throwing up more sand and dune grass as they play across the beach. Then, finally, he manages to catch her with a gentle nip on the hip. “Well what do we do now that I’ve caught you?”
    szeth
    absolute power corrupts absolutely

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there's a devil in my brain with a pitchfork and a flame; desirea - by Szeth - 06-08-2016, 11:42 PM