• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The shine in my heart; birthing

A sudden bright flood of light blinded him, and he blinked his eyes in the sun for the first time. He could feel a warm mass next to him, moving around. It smelled familiar. It felt... safe. The little colt pressed his muzzle curiously against the warm mass, and was startled when it responded with a little nudge.

A word, as ancient as the dawn of time, formed then in his mind. Mother.

Suddenly he was being urged up on his shaky legs, and his stomach flipped as the ground sailed away below him. It was such a long way down, and he began to sway dangerously on his stilt-like legs. But a warm touch from his mother steadied him, and he took a few cautious steps.

This was about the time he caught sight of a giant black and white spotted creature standing quite close to them. The colt blinked up at this new development, and decided he quite liked this strange spotty thing. He wobbled closer, bumping his muzzle gently against one of the large pillars upon which the thing stood. He giggled and fell back onto his rump.

Gazing with bright eyes up at the spotted thing, another word as old as time came into his mind. Father. Hesitantly, he opened his dewy little mouth and attempted to copy the sounds he could hear coming from his mother. "Da?" With that momentous effort, he fell silent, and focused instead on getting back up onto his shaky legs.

Stock credit: lumibear @ dA

Messages In This Thread
    The shine in my heart; birthing - by Desirea - 06-01-2016, 09:04 PM
    RE: The shine in my heart; birthing - by Szeth - 06-04-2016, 12:59 AM
    RE: The shine in my heart; birthing - by Desirea - 06-04-2016, 03:14 PM
    RE: The shine in my heart; birthing - by Sin Killer - 06-04-2016, 03:14 PM
    RE: The shine in my heart; birthing - by Szeth - 06-09-2016, 12:27 AM
    RE: The shine in my heart; birthing - by Desirea - 06-12-2016, 09:56 PM
    RE: The shine in my heart; birthing - by Szeth - 06-17-2016, 12:17 AM