• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The shine in my heart; birthing
    He’s been anticipating this moment all winter.

Szeth has watched the growing of Desirea’s belly with rapt anticipation. He’s coupled with mares before, been a father before, but not like this - he’s never had the chance to watch his young truly grow.

It’s been a little nerve-wracking, surprisingly. There’s just so much that can go wrong with birth, he knows, and he’s so inexperienced with the whole process that he’d be no help if something went wrong.

And as for raising a kid itself …

That thought brings out a whole other level of nervousness that he’d never known he possessed. Will he be a good father? He certainly hopes so. But he’s never raised a child before. The closest he’s ever come to were his interactions with his little sister Hidatsa, and there he simply been a protective older brother.

At least though, he will not be alone.

He doesn’t know if Desirea’s had children before - he hasn’t pried, knowing how painful the loss of her memories has been for her - but even if she hasn’t, it means that he won’t be alone in this. He will have a partner, and a wonderful one at that.

He’s browsing through the grassy dunes when Desirea’s shout of pain first reaches his ears. “Desirea!” He springs into action, following her scent trail and dashing to her side as quickly as he can. He finds her in moments, but she doesn’t seem to register his presence. Not that he can blame her - birth seems like quite the taxing process. He nuzzles her occasionally, but for the most part stays back, heart beating like a drum in his chest.

And then, finally, their child is out in the world.

He watches, eyes glowing with pride, as Desirea first begins to investigate the little bundle at her side, and nudges the child up onto his shaky legs. It’s a boy! Hesitantly, Szeth steps forward and reaches down to nuzzle at the little damp colt. “He’s so handsome!” And so wonderfully unmarked by accursed traits! He turns to Desirea, a wide grin spread across his face. “Have you any idea what to name him?” Secretly he hopes that she will let him do the honours, but he will not force her to do so.
    szeth
    absolute power corrupts absolutely

Sure! Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    The shine in my heart; birthing - by Desirea - 06-01-2016, 09:04 PM
    RE: The shine in my heart; birthing - by Szeth - 06-04-2016, 12:59 AM
    RE: The shine in my heart; birthing - by Desirea - 06-04-2016, 03:14 PM
    RE: The shine in my heart; birthing - by Szeth - 06-09-2016, 12:27 AM
    RE: The shine in my heart; birthing - by Desirea - 06-12-2016, 09:56 PM
    RE: The shine in my heart; birthing - by Szeth - 06-17-2016, 12:17 AM