• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there's a devil in my brain with a pitchfork and a flame; desirea
    He can sense a sadness to her as she too pauses to smell the salt air, and though he is curious he does not press. The expression on her face makes him wonder if, just maybe, the smell is triggering something for her, a long lost memory from her old life. He does not pry though. If such a thing is happening, it is her right to keep to herself. He still cannot imagine how painful it would be to lose one’s memories.

But at least she seems pleased with the territory, no matter what memories it might be digging him. “I’m glad.” He smiles easily at her - her enthusiasm is infectious. He eagerly notes her agreement to the tour, and takes a few steps forward, in the direction of the beach.

They move quickly though the grassy dunes, and within moments come out upon his favourite part of the territory. Miles of golden sand stretch out in a thin line between the rolling dunes and the bright blue sea, painting a dazzling picture. “When I was young, I used to play here all the time with my parents and my sister.” He smiles wistfully, though he can’t help the touch of frown that seeps into one corner of his lips. There’s so much he would give to know where they all are now. But there’s nothing he can do about that.

“There isn’t anything good to eat or drink down here on the sand, but it’s nice to look at all the same. Nice for wading too.” His gaze swivels away from the ocean waters, and travels back up the beach. “The grasses on the dunes and in the meadows are good to eat though, and there’s a small, fresh river to the south.” He gestures vaguely in its direction. “Here, I’ll show you.”

They walk another few miles, until the rushing waters of the river are just audible, and he can see the place where the bank begins to dip down towards the river. “I hope you don’t mind me asking, but what made you choose Beqanna of all places?” He really hopes he’s not overstepping his boundaries. He doesn’t want to pry by delving into her old memories, but he’s also genuinely curious. Why would one come to this awful place, so full of the traited, if they had the choice to go elsewhere?

szeth
    absolute power corrupts absolutely

Sorry for the wait!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there's a devil in my brain with a pitchfork and a flame; desirea - by Szeth - 06-04-2016, 12:37 AM