• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i ate the bait and snapped the line [anyone]
    ± when you feel my heat, look into my eyes ±
    Scents have never been subtle to the Magma King, nor had they ever been non existent. Everything had a particular odor unique to its maker, smells were rhyme and reason to Killdare, they were what he knew- they are what he knows. Perhaps the vibrancy of such smells are only something he notices, only something he is attuned to and for that he is thankful, even if the skill is not something everyday common to others. It was a useful talent, something that could not be taken from him, something he had made on his own and thus he felt nothing when he put it to use. With the fire that boiled within him there was uncertainty at times, guilt, grief, happiness, should he use it now, should he wait? When it came to scent tracking he never asked himself these things, he simply did them.

Though the stallion shakes it does nothing to dissuade the Chamber King of his previous notions, his sass however, is another story. Were they all perpetually snarky? He gruffs at the mockery, sides sizzling from the broken shell that harnessed the pooling liquid beneath. Beneath that chalky exterior his insides passed freely from place to place, no beginning or end in their make, on the surface he snorted. With that exhale of breath came smoke and ash, simmering filaments of unknown substance to float and scorch where they might fall.

“In her good graces?” His charcoal brow rises above one burning eye as he speaks on this new revelation. “Well, that all depends on you I would think. As far as alliances go I am afraid I don’t see what a herd stallion has to offer that would be of equal to what the Chamber gives in return.” True, one stallion and a handful of mares was nothing to the force the kingdom heralded, the ties it made and that would, as a result, become ties of this spotted man before him.

“If it is a place among the Chamber you seek, then you are welcome to try your lot within it. As it stands the herds of the Chamber are loyal to the Chamber, I do not know how your Falls King runs things but it would not do well to challenge his authority without cause. I’m afraid I do not have an alliance to offer you, but if it is the Chamber’s good graces you seek then there is room for many and more should you choose to stay.”Lately he had had enough of the headache promises made had given him, so today he did not make them. Today he offered only what he could and nothing more, today he thought of the Chamber and decided she was not one to freely give- so neither was he. Everything had its price and he had already paid his.
    KILLDARE
    magma King of the Chamber

One of us, one of us

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i ate the bait and snapped the line [anyone] - by Killdare - 05-29-2016, 02:05 PM