• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there's a devil in my brain with a pitchfork and a flame; desirea

The walk with Szeth had turned out to be quite pleasant. They hadn't talked much, but even so she felt comfortable in his presence. It alarmed her a little, how quickly she had come to relax around someone she hardly knew at all; but she tried not to give that too much thought.

Szeth stopped to savor the smell of the air, which had turned noticeably salty and sweet. The scent sent a wave of nostalgia and comfort through her, followed by a deep sadness. Somewhere at the edge of her mind, she could feel the fluttering of old memories still hidden by her strange case of amnesia.

Szeth turned to her and announced that they had arrived, which she was glad to hear. The little roan mare took a sweeping look around her before glancing back at Szeth with a shy smile. "I love it," she replied enthusiastically. "It's beautiful!" Already she was excited at the prospect of living in such a place, and any doubt she had previously felt at making her decision began to melt away.

He asked if she'd like a tour, and she nodded her head with wide eyes. She had half expected him to turn her loose and leave her be. She was glad he seemed ready to hang around, at least for a little while longer. Desirea was more curious about Szeth than the new home, but a tour would grant her the perfect excuse to stay by his side.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there's a devil in my brain with a pitchfork and a flame; desirea - by Desirea - 05-28-2016, 11:56 PM