• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I will carry my banner {Any/Bersa}
    PHAEDRUS
    She pulls away from their small group and at first he fears that she was bringing their time together to a close. In response to this his teeth clench and his head rises straining itself to keep calm. But then she begins to speak, the moment so tender that he is taken aback. Each word washing over him like it was the last that he was going to hear from her. Until she comes to the part about the filly.

His eyes widen and he relaxes slightly, at least she wasn't declaring that she was taking her leave. The relief that she was back for good was solid enough for him to drop his warriors stance slightly. Though the solid pose was a part of him that would never fully dissapear. At first he is confused and waits for her to finish. He couldn't judge her, but at the same time did she doubt that he would not take his vengeance out on the man that had tried to drive a wedge into his herd? He keeps his calm, something told him that she wasn't finished, and just as he thinks she continues. This part he smiles at a relieved chuckle floating off his lips.

She was a spitfire for sure. One that he couldn't be more proud of. watching as she errently makes her message clear he tightens his wing around Zaravich turning to grin at her. As if to say, we made a good choice didn't we? Only you can know where our daughter would be safe. I call it mothers instinct He can tell that his words had not yet registered because she picks up once again this time with a stomp of her hoof. She knew she was right and no one was going to change her mind.

Stepping forward he presses his face to hers. You did what you could. For a moment he closes his eyes and thinks on her words. She had built an allience out of what he considered to be his biggest failure. Just as she was light, and he was dark, she was strong where he was weak. This was something that he had never encountered before in his life. She was perfect for the herd. She was perfect for them. All of them. This was exactly what he had been looking for when he had started out on his little adventure, even as he hadn't known it then. Now the herd was strong, and the strength of the kingdom wasn't far behind.

That was actually a fairly good idea Besra, it is definately something that we should consider in doing with other herds as well. The foals will eventually have to leave the nest, and if they are leaving to allies that can be trusted, then all the better for them and for us. There is absolutely no reason why this should not work He beckons Zara close again. Curious as to how she would respond.

i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must

Messages In This Thread
    I will carry my banner {Any/Bersa} - by Phaedrus - 05-17-2016, 08:51 PM
    RE: I will carry my banner {Any/Bersa} - by Besra - 05-18-2016, 12:12 AM
    RE: I will carry my banner {Any/Bersa} - by Besra - 05-24-2016, 10:04 PM
    RE: I will carry my banner {Any/Bersa} - by Phaedrus - 05-25-2016, 11:10 PM
    RE: I will carry my banner {Any/Bersa} - by Besra - 05-28-2016, 02:12 PM