• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ain't no doubt; NEVI/ANY

Face your worst fears and conquer them.
    I don't know the kind of darkness that he does. The abandonment of my mother hadn't really sunk it. Hadn't all children gone through that? Maybe not since my momma had had sadness in her eyes when she had looked at me. But since my real mom was nothing more than a faint white smudge with feathers in my mind, she wasn't really real. Momma Eira was my momma. She was mine and I was hers and all would be okay. Papa Weir was funny and a little weird but he made me laugh and it was fun. He was a good daddy.

I don't know how it feels to have your inside feel like glass, every movement cutting into your flesh until you feel like you will bleed to death, until you want to scream out. But you can't because you are stuck wearing this perfect mask for a family you are scared might still not want you because of it.

No, I didn't know any of that. My life was happy and bright and all I could think of was this poor boy's face and how utterly sad he looked. There was no hope on his face, until he pulls back a little from our hug and that small smile is curling his lips.

This practically makes me wiggle in glee.

"Nevi. I like it. It sounds like you." I tilt my head to look at him, my own smile practically peeling the flesh from my face. My head tilts to the side as he explains where he lives and how he does have a family. "I live in the Dale with Momma Eira and Papa Weir and my brother Newton. He says he is older but I think we are the same age, or I am older." I say in a whisper, turning to look over my shoulder to make sure the little brat wasn't about. "He's kind of a brat sometimes. Are all brothers like that?"

I turn my face back to his, my attention completely on this stranger who still had shadows in his eyes. "It's okay to be sad sometimes. Being happy is better, but sad is okay too." I say, touching my lips to his cheek. "You should smile more. You're cute when you do and your eyes twinkle a little." I say and while it is the truth, I say it more to be outrageous, to bring more of smile to his face, even as I am smiling my own wide smile. I say it to make him happy, to bring something other than darkness to his life.

Graeme

Messages In This Thread
    ain't no doubt; NEVI/ANY - by Graeme - 05-12-2016, 05:40 PM
    RE: ain't no doubt; NEVI/ANY - by Neverwas - 05-17-2016, 02:44 PM
    RE: ain't no doubt; NEVI/ANY - by Graeme - 05-24-2016, 07:58 PM
    RE: ain't no doubt; NEVI/ANY - by Neverwas - 05-28-2016, 08:40 PM
    RE: ain't no doubt; NEVI/ANY - by Graeme - 06-05-2016, 11:17 AM