• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

bayom hahu - kabechet, any
    Momma…

It’s so close to her own word for mother, Ima, that she almost mistakes Kabe for having picked up on it, somehow. But no, that was impossible. She’d never even said shalom to her, or neshama. Not even Mikhael spoke her language, though he was kind enough to call her Ima. Momma was just as good, and though it took her slightly off-guard, Yael smiled a tiny little pleased smile. “Of course, dear. Alvays.” If nothing else, Yael was good at popping up in her children’s lives, whether they wanted her to or not. She was pretty sure she’d surprised Mikhael by coming to see him and Nairne and Natilyn in the Falls.

She misses them; another part of her family, gone.

Perhaps in time, Kabe would meet all of her family, but Yael believes that might take a very long time. Nevertheless, she enjoys the young girl’s eagerness. “Oh, for ze most part, t’ey ahr very nice. Peaceful. Ve haf two Keens, Pevensie and Camrynn, and me and some of my familee, xoo you vill meet soon, I xope! Ahnd some ozers… lots of t’em come ahnd go, t’ey do not leev een ze Desert ze vay t’at some of us do.” Some used the kingdom as a home base, a place to return to when they got tired, and others used it as an actual home, working for the betterment of the kingdom.

“I xaf… seven ozer cheeldren, t’ough zer ahr only two around right now. Tree, counting you.” Yael winks at her, letting her know that she is already a family member in the golden woman’s eyes. “You’ll xaf to ahsk Gaza to teach you xow to chase ze camels. Eet vas vone of xis fazer’s favorite past-times.”  

She would never admit it, but while she tsked at them for torturing the poor beasts, she secretly loved watching them create chaos while running across the dunes.

Yael, guardian of the desert

Messages In This Thread
    bayom hahu - kabechet, any - by Yael - 05-04-2015, 05:31 PM
    RE: bayom hahu - kabechet, any - by Silverbell - 05-09-2015, 01:20 PM
    RE: bayom hahu - kabechet, any - by Yael - 05-15-2015, 11:46 AM