• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

So you wanna play with magic? ANY
    so you wanna play with magic?
    If there is ever – ever – a queen of the Deserts to advocate for something beyond being a pacifist, it's going to be Camrynn. Because for all of the things she does that are about as non-light as it gets, beyond everything else, she has one clear, legitimate priority: the Deserts. It may be a fairly recently adopted home, and she may have spent more time living there as its ruler than anything else, but she has sworn to protect it. The trick is, because she's no pacifist, her brand of protection (and her brand of "strong kingdom") is a pretty striking reversal from what a typical light queen might offer.

Although, in a world where conversations like the one they'd had with Scorch can happen, in a world where Camrynn can end up the ersatz voice of reason in a group that includes Yael and Pevensie – well, really, who knows.

She listens carefully as the once-queen answers her question. It hadn't been a test, no – it was just her curiosity, the desire to gather as much information as she possibly can. And Yael's information and input are very good. It does surprise her to hear the mare speak of respect, to start to understand what she might be talking about. She isn’t entirely clear on what it might mean; she knows what she thinks of when she considers being respected so much that they would not be attacked. In fact, she's even got an idea of what she'd like to see.

She nods. "I agree. I think we deserve respect, and like you said, not just because of you and me. Because of all of us" she emphasizes, staring out across the Deserts. "At is sits right now, we're fairly safe here. It would take a massive army to overcome you and me. Gumby alone can handle two or three horses in a fight." she sighs. "But the military is weak. The respect you speak of isn't going to come from there. Not yet, at least. Not without it becoming stronger."

She pauses again, looking out across the dunes. "I'll be interested to see what the kingdom visits reveal. There's so many changes in rulers these days, and as the rulers change, the character of the kingdom changes too." she says pensively, thinking of Eight in the Valley. She wonders if Yael has ever met him, but decides not to sift back through collective memory to see if she can answer her own question. She'll know soon enough. "Speaking of, you and I should get to the Valley." the black woman says briskly with a gentle smile. "It seems like a nice day for a flight." she says, sprouting resplendent wings with feathers of red, black, and gold as she speaks. She knows the gold woman has a soft spot for wings, and why not? It's a beautiful summer day.

With a smile, she takes off for the Valley.
    CAMRYNN
    co-queen of the deserts, magical, mother of badassery

This seemed like a good idea Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    So you wanna play with magic? ANY - by Camrynn - 04-12-2015, 10:35 AM
    RE: So you wanna play with magic? ANY - by Yael - 04-14-2015, 10:51 AM
    RE: So you wanna play with magic? ANY - by Yael - 04-21-2015, 02:32 PM
    RE: So you wanna play with magic? ANY - by Yael - 04-30-2015, 09:56 AM
    RE: So you wanna play with magic? ANY - by Yael - 05-12-2015, 03:16 PM
    RE: So you wanna play with magic? ANY - by Camrynn - 05-14-2015, 11:04 PM