• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Hoofprints in Sand (any)

Before any of Desirea's concerns could be addressed, the sound of approaching hooves began to grow louder.  Desi glanced to the side, curious to see who might be joining them.  Her green eyes landed immediately on a rather large and beautifully spotted stallion.  A smile caught Desirea's dark lips -- she liked him already, though she couldn't say why.  For all she knew, he was a dangerous rogue out for blood; but Zaravich's presence gave her courage.

Desirea glanced back at her beautiful new friend, flashing her a shy, secret smile.  "I think he's coming toward us," she whispered, excited and uneasy.

Szeth, as he was called, stopped at a comfortable distance, much to Desi's relief.  She eyed him quietly as he introduced himself; and to her surprise, Zaravich piped up with a teasing remark that revealed she already knew this stallion.  

Zaravich gave her name to Szeth -- evidently they didn't know each other well, even if they seemed to be on friendly terms -- and then turned back to Desirea.  Desirea caught her new friend's gaze, listening as she admitted that she could not grant a typical herd life.  

That was certainly a bit of a disappointment, given how quickly she had taken to the pretty black mare.  She felt even more assured, however, that her initial assumptions had been fairly accurate.  A kingdom was no place for a simple girl like herself.  Besides, she needed to unravel the mystery of her own mind before she could dedicate her time and efforts to outside causes.  Laying low for a while seemed ideal.

So that left Szeth.

Suddenly Desirea was filled with apprehension.  The idea of spending time alone with this strange male was rather daunting.  She would have rather stayed with her female companion, but the situation had been made a little awkward by this new arrival, who would likely make a better fit for the life Desirea sought.

Desirea offered the stallion a bashful smile.  "I'm Desirea," she said softly.  "And I can't say for sure how I'm doing quite yet.  Zaravich and I were just discussing the matter of homes -- it seems I'm sorely lacking one." She tilted her head a little, feeling a bit shy at having to disclose her little 'problem' aloud once again -- but it was worth sharing with this new stallion, she felt.

"I have no idea where I am, or how I got here.  It seems my memories have all simply... vanished."  Of course, Desirea didn't actually know if there had been any memories in the first place; but it was safe to assume she hadn't just suddenly popped into existence out of thin air...

Messages In This Thread
    Hoofprints in Sand (any) - by Desirea - 05-05-2016, 10:42 PM
    RE: Hoofprints in Sand (any) - by Zaravich - 05-06-2016, 07:41 PM
    RE: Hoofprints in Sand (any) - by Desirea - 05-09-2016, 01:29 PM
    RE: Hoofprints in Sand (any) - by Zaravich - 05-12-2016, 06:41 PM
    RE: Hoofprints in Sand (any) - by Desirea - 05-12-2016, 08:41 PM
    RE: Hoofprints in Sand (any) - by Szeth - 05-13-2016, 06:14 PM
    RE: Hoofprints in Sand (any) - by Zaravich - 05-15-2016, 06:23 PM
    RE: Hoofprints in Sand (any) - by Desirea - 05-15-2016, 11:27 PM
    RE: Hoofprints in Sand (any) - by Phaedrus - 05-17-2016, 09:46 PM
    RE: Hoofprints in Sand (any) - by Szeth - 05-20-2016, 11:41 PM
    RE: Hoofprints in Sand (any) - by Zaravich - 05-26-2016, 08:32 PM