• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

nothing's only words; birthing, any
    Such a sweet little thing. Eira smiles warmly as her little son slowly opens his eyes, peering through the mess of tissue and afterbirth. He watches her, eyes full of curiosity and love and her heart just feels so full. He unfurls his dark legs, trying once, twice, to stay on shaky legs, before finally managing it on his third attempt. “Such a good boy.” She coos, nuzzling at him, encouraging him.

He takes a few steps forward, bumping his head against her chest and resting it there. “Are you hungry sweetie?” She gives him a little nudge and he manages wiggle his way around to find her teat. She chuckles as he latches on. “I thought you might be.”

Then, suddenly, Weir and Darwin are there.

Her face breaks into an even warmer smile as the roan stallion thunders towards them. Somehow her heart feels even more full. She grins as Weir’s eyes switch between herself and their son, and he begins to exclaim happily over the boy. She doesn’t try to detach him yet though - being born is surely hard work, and he should have the chance to drink his fill!

Weir asks after his name, and Eira shakes her head slightly. She’s had a little time to give it some thought. “I thought you might like to do the honours, for our first.” She’s sure he’ll know one that’s simply perfect.

A low nicker catches her attention, and her head turns to look at a familiar speckled mare. “Hello Neva.” Weir’s adoptive daughter moves to stand beside Weir and Darwin, nudging gently at her father with a soft smile on her face. “Congratulations. He's beautiful.”
    EIRA
    nothing's only words, that's how hearts get hurt

Sorry about the wait!
    I figured I'd just include Neva in this too. Smile

Messages In This Thread
    nothing's only words; birthing, any - by Eira - 05-03-2016, 01:39 AM
    RE: nothing's only words; birthing, any - by Newton - 05-05-2016, 05:41 PM
    RE: nothing's only words; birthing, any - by Weir - 05-06-2016, 09:33 AM
    RE: nothing's only words; birthing, any - by Eira - 05-14-2016, 12:58 PM