• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am capable of anything and everything, ANY
    Summer is heavy in the Desert heat. She stands atop a dune, the blistering yellow orb cursing its ultraviolet down on her head, making her pant. She is alone up here, much as she is alone in the world. Pevensie might now be a Queen, but there can't be many horses in Beqanna lonelier than she, with fewer friends and allies. That thought has been taking its toll on her of late, so much so that she has been shirking her duties to her kingdom, only worsening the feeling of isolation rising up and constricting in her gut.

Beyond her is a vast emptiness, though peeling her eyes carefully she can make out the oasis in the distance. She sighs, glancing back up at the sun overhead and deciding that it's about time to move out it's glare before she has a stroke or something. Decision made, she wraps herself in her beloved sunlight, sprouting two elegant sparkling wings which blend seamlessly into her buckskin sides. A sun-light horn bursts atop her forehead, spiralling and glass-like in quality. Nobody would see the transformation though and anyone viewing from the distance would only see a dazzling flash of white light where once a horse had stood.

She shakes out her mane, spreading her wings wide and waiting for an updraught to catch her. For Pevensie, flight is effortless. It is the sunlight that carries her, not any wings like a normal winged horse of Beqanna, which require blood, sweat and tears to operate. So, by the time she lands, graceful as a swan, atop the surface of the oasis, she has not even broken a sweat. Her wings fold in by her sides, her aura sparkles around her form.

It is now she notices Cammie, and two strangers. She goes forward to investigate, adorned in her full sun-Queen dazzle. It's the first time Cammie has seen her use her powers. It's the first time in a long time Pevensie has bothered to use them herself. She barely notices them though as she approaches the gathering,

"New faces," Pevensie acknowledges with a bright smile aimed at Cammie, then looks between the stallion and the mare, warmth radiating from her gaze. She nods politely to the two of them, very pleased that despite her poor leadership, the kingdom has not ground to a halt. She snorts softly, continuing on with her introduction. "My name is Pevensie. I see you've already met Cam and Gumpy. How are you both finding Desert life so far?"

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am capable of anything and everything, ANY - by Pevensie - 05-14-2015, 01:47 PM