• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I painted your room at midnight; ANY
    Patchouli
    Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi
    Oh how shameful, he looked a childish fool but there was no saving face now. Of course he hadn’t really been one to recognize something for what it was, though he had seen the worlds gifts he never presumed, perhaps that was a mistake. Here he stood, receiving apologies for his own numb-skulledness and shaking his head in return to the shifting male. “No, no it’s okay, I understand now.” Flaxen mane splaying and forelock falling against his eyes. “Maybe I should be more observant, or prepared at least.” It takes a while for the proverbial blush to fade from his face, standing still and looking thoughtfully at the winged man before him. 

Was it strange to be another animal? Did it hurt? What was it like? Once the surprise ebbed from his golden head he could only think of a million questions that he did not dare speak. He had already made himself a fool, even if only partially and he did not want to seem even more dense by badgering his new acquaintance with his nonsense.

“Oh yes, well,” What to say, what to say? “I suppose I find it cold. It’s nothing like I’ve known before anyways, and it is… quiet.” Simple enough but it lacked depth and he wasn’t sure what sort of response the older man was expecting- the Tundra was a harsh land, that’s all Patch knew so far. “I’m sure it grows on you with time. Surprised even myself to make it through last winter.” That thought finished brightly a small smile coming to his face and light returning to his eyes.

“Have you lived here long Ianto?”
    it is better to conquer yourself, than to win a thousand battles

Messages In This Thread
    I painted your room at midnight; ANY - by Ianto - 04-24-2016, 12:06 PM
    RE: I painted your room at midnight; ANY - by Patchouli - 05-08-2016, 02:19 PM