• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What have I done?

Kreios

wildcat of the falls

The golden mare seems reluctant, and I do not presume to pressure her. She says she does want to inconvenience the kingdom, and while I admire her loyalty, I cannot hold back a snort of disdain. Not for her – never for her – but rather for the idea that I would put the reputation of the kingdom above the reputation of its members. What is a land but the horses that make up its body?

“This was not your mistake, Ashara.” I tell her. “As far as I’m concerned in attacking you, that stallion attacked the kingdom.”

The words seems less sensitive than what I had been aiming for, but they are still true, and I’ve no wish to take them back. Still, the hesitance that the palomino displays is telling, and I surmise that pressuring her to provide more detail will be fruitless.

“I will find him, if you want me too, and I will make him pay.” The threat is not empty, and I suspect she knows it, though I leave the decision up to her. Her rapist will live or die at her request (though I cannot promise that I will refrain from pummeling the next lavender pegasus that I see). “But whatever you decide – this was not your fault, like Jedi says.” I looked to the pied stallion, nodding in agreement at his words to the golden mare.

i’m screaming the name of a foreigner’s god

image by connor obrien

Messages In This Thread
    What have I done? - by Ashara - 04-25-2016, 09:38 PM
    RE: What have I done? - by Jedi - 04-26-2016, 07:29 PM
    RE: What have I done? - by Ashara - 04-26-2016, 08:34 PM
    RE: What have I done? - by Kreios - 04-27-2016, 10:19 AM
    RE: What have I done? - by Jedi - 04-27-2016, 07:57 PM
    RE: What have I done? - by Ashara - 04-27-2016, 10:23 PM
    RE: What have I done? - by Jedi - 04-30-2016, 12:01 PM
    RE: What have I done? - by Kreios - 05-03-2016, 08:44 AM
    RE: What have I done? - by Ashara - 05-05-2016, 06:55 PM