• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all that glitters is gold - Illusen
    I won't be what you want me to be
    Your picture perfect vanity
    I don't want to be your dirty pretty

Stopping before him, she faces his bulk of protection and smiles up at him, laughing softly at mention of his brother living willingly in a place that was mostly winter.

Your brother must be quite different than you if he voluntarily chooses to live in the bitter cold for much of the year. I only had half siblings, though one of them was my best friend. We looked much alike, except she got to keep her bay roan coloring.

Dark eyes cloud over with the storm clouds of worry as he asks the question she'd most like to avoid, the one she dreaded most. She had indeed had another home before she came here, and it had not been the most pleasant experience. Sighing softly, she drops her head as she answers him.

Yes, I had another home before I came here. When I was two years old, another stallion saw myself and my sister Symphony in a common area and decided he had to have us for himself, despite the fact that we were both too young to be what he wanted us to be. He stole us from our father's herd under cover of darkness, and then forced us into his own. The other mares were jealous of us, he treated us like prizes that sparkled, making us run before him in our herd's movements near my father's lands, taunting him. I try my best to forget what happened during that first year, other than my sister there was never a horse I trusted after that. Well until I met you that is. He forcebred us many times, and though I never became with child, my sister did and she died in childbirth because her body wasn't yet ready to bear the stresses of it. After the death of my sister I hid from him as much as possible, and in the end I managed to escape by leaving the island and swimming towards the next nearest land mass.

Head still held low, she looked up at him with her dark eyes nearly sparkling with unshed tears. She felt such shame for enduring that for so long, knowing that another more gentle man wouldn't want her tainted heart.

Mare
    Hispano-Arabe
    15.3 hands
    Gray (bay roan based)(Ee/Aa/Rr/Gg)
    Kreios, Orange Country, no young
    Sael
    Mirror mirror, you're so vain
    Would you sell yourself for fame?
    Are you the vulture, or are you the dove?
    Illusen

Messages In This Thread
    all that glitters is gold - Illusen - by Kreios - 05-07-2015, 09:33 AM
    RE: all that glitters is gold - Illusen - by Illusen - 05-13-2015, 12:57 PM