• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What have I done?
    ASHARA
    If you're ever gonna find a silver lining It's gotta be a cloudy day

The cautious voice of a concerned monarch surprises her, not noticing his arrival. Instantly embarrassed that he sees her in such a vulnerable, weak state and reluctantly pulls away from the soothing embrace of her supporting ally. She feels uneasy in his presence, and illogically doubts her trust in him. There is no reason to, he has always been kind, but that tiny shard of not knowing him as well as Jedi grows into a fear for what he’s capable of. She senses that he feels somewhat responsible for her situation and that makes her feel worse.

The kingdom took her in when her own family exiled her, offered her a home, a beautiful mild-weathered, predator-free place to live and work. She owed her life for that. While many love and nurture the opposite sex, taking care of, enjoying each others company and planning a life together, she believed such a thing did not exist for her. Truly feeling alone, afflicted, with the flaw to only find other females attractive. She had no young (yet) and instead poured all that energy and attention into the land and its inhabitants. Bringing the Falls shame or having someone hurt because of her was a fate much worse than the terror she had endured. She imagined she felt similar to Kreios though she has known the place for a shorter duration and perhaps not as in-depth. Therefore, she is averse to answer his question.

“He was the colour of a lavender blossom. I do not remember his name. But please, I do not want to cause you or the kingdom any harm, embarrassment or inconvenience because of my personal mistake. I should not have been so trusting or been by myself.” She lies about not knowing Kirin’s name, hoping it will prevent any action. She is not sure why she defends her attacker, whether she had turned to run at his arrival or not, his plan was set at first sight and would have taken her anyway. This is the reality the palomino will have to accept and live with. Her care-free confidence gone. Her amber eyes return to the painted stag, pleading for him to head her request too. Unable to stomach the thought of him getting hurt because of her. Was it rational? Maybe not to them, but to her emotionally controlled thoughts it seemed logical.

Credit Image stock (starrlightstarbright.dA)/ Artist (Vita)

[Call doesn't want to get into kingdom politics with Kirin]

Messages In This Thread
    What have I done? - by Ashara - 04-25-2016, 09:38 PM
    RE: What have I done? - by Jedi - 04-26-2016, 07:29 PM
    RE: What have I done? - by Ashara - 04-26-2016, 08:34 PM
    RE: What have I done? - by Kreios - 04-27-2016, 10:19 AM
    RE: What have I done? - by Jedi - 04-27-2016, 07:57 PM
    RE: What have I done? - by Ashara - 04-27-2016, 10:23 PM
    RE: What have I done? - by Jedi - 04-30-2016, 12:01 PM
    RE: What have I done? - by Kreios - 05-03-2016, 08:44 AM
    RE: What have I done? - by Ashara - 05-05-2016, 06:55 PM