• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What have I done?

Kreios

wildcat of the falls

I am enjoying a night stroll, having left Ygritte in the woods to rest, when I hear voices. I recognize them right away and know to look for Jedi’s bay and white figure and Ashara’s yellow one before I even see them. Perhaps we can talk, I think, but those thoughts are wiped away as soon as I lay eyes on them.

Despite their nearness and the injuries on Ashara’s body, it never occurs to me that Jedi might have been the one to harm her. I have seen the two of them together many times; they are friends and I trust Jedi to never do such a thing. He holds her gently, clearly cautious of the bruises that the palomino mare wears, but there are still tears on the mare’s golden face.

I arrive in time to hear her explain what had happened to her, and though she skips ahead of what surely happened at this time of year from a male attacker, I do not doubt her. Jedi seems ready to comfort her, and I do not begrudge him that. They are far closer than I am despite my position as king, and in times like these one needs a friend far more than a monarch.

But I have responsibilities to uphold, and protection of those beneath is one that I have always held most sacred.

“Ashara?” I say, hesitant, unsure if she even wants me near. I would be glad to leave, if she does, but first…

“Can you describe this pegasus to me?” I’m not sure what she remembers – or what she will want to remember - but if she will give me enough detail, I will hunt down the monster that did this to her, and I will make him pay for it.

i’m screaming the name of a foreigner’s god

image by connor obrien

Messages In This Thread
    What have I done? - by Ashara - 04-25-2016, 09:38 PM
    RE: What have I done? - by Jedi - 04-26-2016, 07:29 PM
    RE: What have I done? - by Ashara - 04-26-2016, 08:34 PM
    RE: What have I done? - by Kreios - 04-27-2016, 10:19 AM
    RE: What have I done? - by Jedi - 04-27-2016, 07:57 PM
    RE: What have I done? - by Ashara - 04-27-2016, 10:23 PM
    RE: What have I done? - by Jedi - 04-30-2016, 12:01 PM
    RE: What have I done? - by Kreios - 05-03-2016, 08:44 AM
    RE: What have I done? - by Ashara - 05-05-2016, 06:55 PM