• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I painted your room at midnight; ANY

Slowly, very slowly, he was working his way back into the Tundra. He was relearning the nooks and crannies he had spent so much time in before. His dark eyes traveled over childhood haunts and then later places where he spent time as an adult to reflect or to just be by himself. He was pleased to see most of them were still hidden. A few had found their ways into his little havens but he can only smile, after all, everyone needed their own time away from others.

His hooves crunched through the snow. It had not melted and then iced over again enough for it to be a hard crust he could walk on. He thought of flying, but the urge to work hard at something kept him to the ground. So he wandered, moving here and there until he decided he had had enough.

A white fox reappeared where he had been and it's tiny legs and body were able to make its way across the snow so much easier. He practically purred (can foxes purr?) as he ran quickly across the snow. He chased small prey here and there into the snow, but he didn't harm any, not now. That would be a possibility later if the winter got too bad and he couldn't find enough food.

He panted when he stopped, taking a breather as he sat down atop a small overlook that allowed him to look where he could see across the Tundra. It was nothing but flat lands and snow everywhere right now. But his lips curled into a smile regardless.

Ianto

Nothing burns like the cold.

Also, this is horrible so forgive me, but all the words are awkward today. Plus, any posts suck to write. <3

Messages In This Thread
    I painted your room at midnight; ANY - by Ianto - 04-24-2016, 12:06 PM