• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

every now and then i fall apart; heartfire

Show them the joy and the pain and the ending

Considering the idea that some things had not been meant for her eyes is an utterly foreign concept to the blue filly. Since the moment of her birth, she had been able to see the world in a way most others cannot. To think that perhaps she hadn’t been meant to see what she can is akin to considering that the stars and moon might not belong in the night sky. The conundrum is enough to pull her lips into a frown and gouge furrows above her eyes.

For a moment, Illum is able to distract her from such disturbing thoughts. The brush of his feathered wings and the dreamy quality of his soft voice distract her from the pull of those dark musings. The grin dances on her lips for only a moment before being tugged back into a frown. And he notices, of course. Her dark features are an open book, displaying every joy and sorrow she feels in the rise and fall of her lips and the shine and dim of her eyes. But he is her brother too, attuned to her in ways that no one else ever would be.

Her name upon his lips draws her attention back to him, wrenching her from the blackness of her thoughts. He affirms her question, causing a small sigh to brush past her lips even as they curl into a moue of disapproval – even if she does know that he is probably right. His next request, however, gives her pause. Her blue eyes seek out his green ones, latching onto his gaze for an eternal moment. She hesitates not because she does not wish to share her experiences with him, but because they are so fundamentally different in one, very important way: his heart is so much softer than hers.

But she could never deny him.

In the space of a single heartbeat, the Desert is gone and they are peering through the eyes of another. Flashes of purple are visible in their periphery and another is before them. What the stallion does to the poor girl defies explanation, defies anything Heartfire had ever seen before. And then there is more, flashes of violence and cruelty that take even her breath away. She brings them back abruptly, unwilling to witness the rest of what she knows is to come.

She finds herself staring at her black and white brother as words of apology leak from her lips almost without volition. ”Illum,” she pauses to swallow. ”I’m… sorry.”

It is a rare occurrence that leaves the blue speckled girl without words.

Heartfire

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

Messages In This Thread
    RE: every now and then i fall apart; heartfire - by Heartfire - 04-23-2016, 03:22 PM