• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

silver rings and gypsy bells; nevi
    There is something endlessly endearing about Maribel and her unshaken innocence. Someday maybe I will ask what led her to this family, but I know how painful it can be to remember. If I ask anyone, it will be Offspring. He was there, and the question won't hurt him the way it might hurt her. And in some ways it doesn't matter how she found her way here. She is ours, our happy rainbow girl whose smiles light up the world. What came before doesn't matter as long as it doesn't haunt her. And with as much light as there is in her eyes, I don't think anything haunts our Mari.

God, I hope it stays that way. That nothing ever happens to make the light dim, that no shadows ever eclipse her sweet soul and shroud her in darkness. It would break my jagged patchwork heart to see her hurting deep enough to drown in it. Hurting the way I have on days when sorrow creeps up on me even though I have a family that loves me, and the way Argo tries so hard not to when his own heart betrays him. I hope she shines forever, though probably it's only a matter of time before the shadows find her too.

I do not have much of the playful child in me, but her carefree song calls to me anyhow. I want to savor it while it lasts, the sunshine joy in her voice, the bounce in her step, the boundless optimism in her smile. So I walk up to the frolicking little girl, today a vibrant turquoise that matches her carefree nature, with silken silver topping her neck in a scruffy little baby mane and shimmering along her delighted, wriggling tail.

“Hello, rainbow-girl,” I murmur, half a smile curling up one corner of my lips. “How are you this lovely day? That's a beautiful song you're singing. D'you know what I like?” I ask, casting her a sidelong glance before looking around the snow-covered landscape to find a subject to offer her. “I like icicles and cozy caves. Maybe you could sing me a song about those?”

Messages In This Thread
    silver rings and gypsy bells; nevi - by Maribel - 04-21-2016, 07:54 PM
    RE: silver rings and gypsy bells; nevi - by Neverwas - 04-23-2016, 12:51 AM