• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'd rather be a riot than indifferent; herds only
    Hasenel flared his nostrils as a mild expression of his growing displeasure with the mare. Why she seemed to have a general dislike of him despite his generous offer was unknown, and he was uncertain as to whether or not he wanted to figure out what lay beneath her surface. He didn't expect every mare he approached to want to come with him, a total stranger, but perhaps he did assume they'd express their feelings with a little more tact.

He had been born into and raised as royalty, and there were few times he did not act like it. But when she suddenly agreed to his offer and introduced herself as Vakarian, the fire stallion decided he would take her, but she would have to agree to his conditions. 

"I am Hasenel,"
    he replied, his former politeness slipping into a chilling tone. "And if you choose to come with me, you cannot turn back. I do not waste time on disappearing mares, and once we're there, in my domain, I expect to see an improvement in your attitude. I would hate to have to make you respect me."

The stallion, his head held high, looked down on Vakarian as he waited for an answer. She had mistaken his kindness for weakness, but she had only begun to see another side of him, the side of a ruler with high expectations and a willingness to make others obey them.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'd rather be a riot than indifferent; herds only - by Hasenel - 04-17-2016, 07:29 PM