• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'd rather be a riot than indifferent; herds only
    Much as she had expected, it doesn’t take long for someone to appear out of the woodwork. A chestnut stallion suddenly appears out of the trees behind her and, upon noticing her, makes a beeline. He’s confident, but not aggressive, though he’s already beginning to rely on supposed charm.

She flatly ignores the ‘pretty comment’ - it’s disingenuous at best, a flat out lie at worst (she has no illusions about her appearance) - and moves on to his question, which, really, he should be able to figure out the answer to on his own. “I’m here to find a home, as most in the field are.” She feels like adding a question as to his intelligence, but she bites her tongue. He is simply trying to be nice, and it’s not his fault if he’s a bit simple. She could have come across a lot worse. “And why are you here?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'd rather be a riot than indifferent; herds only - by Vakarian - 04-15-2016, 11:09 PM