• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

on the wings of valkyries - riva
    I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

That was exactly the land’s only fault; that it was a notoriously difficult land to infiltrate, its secrets known only to those born and raised here, and those that have chosen to take the oath. In theory, those numbers are great, despite the fact that they are mostly women. Those very same numbers speak to why they had been attacked: because the Sisterhood was - is - a very real threat to its enemies. It is the most back-handed compliment they could receive.

“In time. I doubt my warriors will follow me in another attack so soon, but there are other ways. The least of which is perseverance.” The Chamber may have even given the Jungle a blessing in disguise; how better to gain members than to put a positive spin on the destruction. Come, recruits, come take a look at how they destroyed our beautiful home, how they were so threatened by us. Their homes are all intact. We suffer, and rebuild. It’s a gamble, but a potential new angle, if the ‘I am woman, hear me roar’ thing doesn’t work out.

Lagertha isn’t above playing dirty.

Her ears flick back to follow the nuances of Riva’s tone, decided that she likes the way she speaks about the Kingdom, and even more so about the others. “The Gates, Valley, Chamber and Tundra.” The list is long, but filled with more historical failure than anything else. So far, they are all quiet. Moving amongst themselves, but keeping their secrets well. She snorts softly, and then swallows it; her emotions will not get the better of her - not now. “Challenge and steal from them if you wish, take recruits from them in the Field. I don’t care what you do, so long as you do something.”

When they come to the clearing and pause, Lagertha’s eyes travel across the clearing and affirm that all is well; Riva’s question, however, causes her to turn around. She smiles faintly, though whether it is because she is pleased with herself, or with the painted mare in front of her isn’t obvious. “Then you can take the oath and receive your tattoos." There were some young(er) ones who were still around after the war - soon it would be time to swear them in, and perhaps Riva as well.

A question pops into her head, and the Queen wastes no time in spitting it out, “do you really think you’ll find herd life satisfying?” It's a genuine question - she's never met a Sister who would. Lovers are free for them to take, and while manservants aren't common right now, they've been welcomed before. But to play second fiddle to a stallion? Even if he were strong of mind a spirit, she cannot fathom the lack of direction and pettiness that comes from having nothing to do but fawn over a single man.
    Lagertha
    Warrior Queen of the Amazons

Messages In This Thread
    on the wings of valkyries - riva - by Lagertha - 03-22-2016, 02:55 PM
    RE: on the wings of valkyries - riva - by riva - 03-29-2016, 03:44 PM
    RE: on the wings of valkyries - riva - by Lagertha - 04-14-2016, 03:59 PM
    RE: on the wings of valkyries - riva - by riva - 07-05-2016, 03:29 PM
    RE: on the wings of valkyries - riva - by riva - 07-11-2016, 03:53 PM