• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Stars Cant Shine Without Darkness [Shaytan]
    learn to read between the lines, yeah?

I can't help but stifle the smallest of laughs. This mare is funny, she seems so irritable but really she is a lot of bark... I see not bite in her at all. I see her eyes flash with annoyance, curiosity, and deeper thought. The odd mare who danced in circles around the fire tree during the war was not as odd as I first thought. By no means was she a maternal figure, she was prickly and blunt but she wasn't crazy. The day was slowly turned to night and I had grown tired as well, but not physically, but mentally.

I took in Shaytan's advice, I didn't say anything I only nod. The idea made sense, but I resonated with it for a different reason than what she probably meant. I didn't want to leave Chamber, it was my home, my brother and mother were here and it was all I ever had known. Chamber was home, but I didn't know if it was right for me. Maybe I had to actually do what I thought about as I ran from the clearing. Maybe I truly had to do what part of me didn't want to and part of me did. Maybe I had to leave.

My thought is interrupted by the mare's reply to my question. Shaytan explained why she stayed and that she wanted to return. I knew in that moment. I knew I would not return to the tree. I was scared out of my mind and I am sure I looked more jittery than I would have liked to believe. But I would not go back, it was time to go not just run to the corner of Chamber. I needed to find my own Straia, or tree, or reason to stay somewhere. Kimber and Vaughan were not so strong a reason anymore... though I think Vaughan will always be with me, in some way.... I don't think I should stay, even though part of me said otherwise.

"No." I shook my head. and take a step back. I look the spotted mare as squarely in the eyes as I could. "I'm not gong back. I can't, I'm doing to take your advice... do what you don't want to do. I don't want to leave Chamber- its been all I've known, but I need to find my reason so stay... the place that makes me know I'm home." I couldn't help but get a little choked up. it was a bittersweet moment. There are no other words, nothing else that made any sense to say. So I froze, half expecting her to leap and drag me back, but nothing happened (or alt least nothing happened yet). I smiled as i shifted back further before I turned and moved off. Unless she physically pulled me back, I would stay any longer. I had to go now, without Vaughan, without mother... if I went back I would stay, I would have lost my nerve. So I didn't look back, in fact I moved faster the further I got until I thundered through the last bit of land that was still Chamber. It wasn't until I was on the path between lands that I slowed. It was dusk and I would have to stop soon, but I couldn't help but smile. I was nervous yes, but I was excited. excited to find where I would truly find a home at.

vessel
    nymphetamine x kimber

ooc: sorry about tense shifting... I know it's in there a bit but its late and I need to shower. and get to bed. We can let this be it of you can reply one last time... up to you Smile also sorry I totally forgot about out adorable vessel seeking maternal shaytan thread! Tongue

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Stars Cant Shine Without Darkness [Shaytan] - by Vessel - 04-12-2016, 09:36 PM