• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kingdoms! :D

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

Very few kingdoms ever come to the Falls on diplomatic visits, but I don’t mind. Better to grow unseen; there’s no harm in keeping our burgeoning size a secret from the rest of Beqanna. Still, it is nearly time to reach out to potentially allies, and I’ve already planned a trip to the Dale after this particular venture into the Field. I’ve hoped that it will be fruitfull, and given the way that the tobiano mare smiles, I’m beginning to suspect that it will.

She names my kingdom before I can, and I tilt my head curiously. Not a newcomer to Beqanna then, I decide, even as she tells me that she hails from the Valley.

I’m already leaning toward her, but the mention of a kingdom so freshly involved in the war makes me hesitate. We already have a former member of the Chamber seeking safety in the Falls; are we really ready for another potential danger? My internal battle is vicious but swift, but it ends with a gentle nudge to the grey mare’s shoulder and a smile that matches the look in her eyes. “Of course not,” I tell her, because I had been a stallion far longer than I have been a king, “You’re more than welcome to make your home in the Falls with me – with us.”

A small part of me thinks of Ygritte, of the expression on her face when she’d heard of Teali. But Ygritte is not here now, and Everdeen is.

“Shall I show you the way?” I ask, my brow raised curiously.

Messages In This Thread
    kingdoms! :D - by e v e r d e e n - 04-04-2016, 05:24 PM
    RE: kingdoms! :D - by Kreios - 04-05-2016, 01:02 PM
    RE: kingdoms! :D - by e v e r d e e n - 04-07-2016, 02:14 PM
    RE: kingdoms! :D - by Kreios - 04-08-2016, 09:02 AM